1: Introducing...Him

We don't have to do the whole origin story thing, we really don't. 

What's important here is not that Namura Yuji had a pretty useless enhanced hearing quirk that was boosted permanently by a trigger injection that never wore off. 

What's important here is that some idiot had been trying to run drugs through Yuji's neighborhood. After being in that scene for a bit himself he had zero tolerance for it near him. All it brought was trouble. 

"Shit man you're persistent." He said, sauntering over to the collapsed businessman.

The businessman struggled to stand up, reaching for the bag he dropped to his side. The masked man clicked his tongue and yanked the bag away. "This is mine now, big guy." He said, smirking where the man couldn't see it.

"This would have gone wayyyy better if you weren't so dead set on fighting in the middle of the street. You're not supposed to get in my way, I had plans tonight." The masked man continued. He really did. He had a new lead on the monster he encountered the day his powers got enhanced. 

"Fuck you Night Owl." The businessman spat out. Literally spat. His mouth was cut open and bleeding everywhere. It was gross.

"You're a little old for me, no offense. I'm sure someone out there's into that." He said, stepping on the man's chest. He wheezed painfully.

"If I ever see you try to sell this shit in this neighborhood I'm going to fucking kill you, got that?" The vigilante said. The man nodded desperately, sputtering. "Oh come on. You can still breathe. I know you can." The boy crooned. The man just kept sputtering.

Eventually he heard the familiar sound of police sirens. "They're about eh 10-15 minutes away, give or take. I'm not gonna stick around." He explained. Quickly, he turned to the middle aged store owner that was standing across the street, clutching his phone.

"And that's that." The vigilante smiled under the mask, stepping off of the man. "I'll swing by your restaurant tomorrow, make sure no one comes looking for vengeance or somethin'.".

"Thank you, Night Owl." The man said honestly. "This area's gotten a lot worse these past few years. I'm glad to see someone taking initiative.". The vigilante was glad the mask would cover his wide smile. He had to look cool. Intimidating.

"Night Owl? Is that what everyone's calling me now?" He asked. The man shrugged. 

"I've heard Ghost tossed around too. Do you have a name?". 

"Of course I do," Yuji joked, "But I can't go around telling it to people.". The man laughed heartily. 

"Thanks again, man.". 

"Just doing my duty, sir." He said, then stopped. "Something's boiling over in the kitchen." He pointed to the store.

"Shit the soup." The man said, ducking back inside. Yuji laughed and shoot his head, turning back to the man. He pulled a two zip ties out of his pockets and tied the guy's hands and arms together.

"A nice little Christmas present for the heroes." He mumbled to himself before slipping back into the shadows.

Avoiding the police was easy when you could see and hear them from a mile away. Sometimes he could smell them to-let him tell you police officers do not smell like coffee and donuts. He wished they did.

Once he was a sufficient distance away, the vigilante pulled a device out of his pocket. "Fuck." He muttered under his breath. 12:30. He was late.

Quickly he pulled a plastic disk out of his pocket. He clicked a button and a bag expanded out of it. Just a normal, cloth tote bag. He then pulled off his elbow and knee guards, his bullet proof vest (don't ask how he found that) and finally his mask.