17: Ahoy There

"Good fucking morning Musutafu." Yuji said, looking up at the sunrise over the high rise buildings. The villain he had been fighting rushed him again and he punched them in the face, not even looking away. 

"Damn that's beautiful." He muttered, looking over at the villain, who was clutching their probably broken nose. "You know, you're making me late." Yuji informed the person, "I have a very important mission with a person I very much want to impress because he thinks I'm cool, so could you like, stop?". 

The villain aimed their pitiful water quirk at him and Yuji dodged as best he could, but the spray was super wide.

It didn't hurt, it just got him soaking wet. "You're lucky most of my shit is waterproof." He shouted, annoyed. "Oh wait, hold on. I hate this song. Why is this even on my playlist?". 

Yuji pulled his phone out of his pocket and changed the song. "Much better.". 

"I'm sorry are you listening to music right now?" The villain roared. 

"Uh, duh." Yuji said with a laugh, "You're not nearly enough to keep all my senses entertained, now,". He threw a disk at the villain. They blasted water on it which just amplified the electricity's effectiveness. While they were jerking around on the ground Yuji pulled out some twist ties. "you've been really bad so the police can come deal with your shit. Be good for them!". 

He clicked a tiny button attached to his belt to alert the police anonymously of the location of the pickup, waved to the speechless villain and climbed up the nearest fire escape. 

The teen started running across the buildings, figuring it would be faster than continuing to walk to U.A. 

Before he climbed down the rooftop closest to the school he pulled out his phone and took a quick picture. "Beautiful sunrise." He murmured, satisfied with the picture. 

Part of the joys of having better eyesight than every other human was seeing all the colours so vividly. Sure, the camera didn't capture even half of it, but he would remember what he saw when he looked at the picture at least. 

----------- ------------ ------------ --------- ------------ ------------- ----------

"I have a person who could help us but you're not gonna like it."

Aizawa let his statement sit there for a moment. He had gone through the proper channels this time, approaching Nighteye about a rescue mission. The former sidekick had held up his own end of the bargain, gathering all his sidekicks and interns for a meeting.

"Who would you be referring to?" Night Eye himself asked.

"Ghost. Sometimes known as Night Owl." The underground hero said simply.

"You're suggesting we partner with one of the most wanted vigilantes in the country on such an important mission?" The man asked, nearly shouting. 

Aizawa sighed. "I said you wouldn't like it." He said, "It's a logical choice. We need help, he can help.".

"How on earth is a violent vigilante going to help?" Night Eye questioned. "You are aware that you could easily lose your license for assisting or not bringing a vigilante to justice, aren't you? What you just said could lose you your job, Eraserhead.".

The pro hero/teacher sighed heavily. "I've only met Ghost once before so I couldn't 'bring him to justice' as you said." He explained (lied), "I'm an underground hero, we work around people like him all the time. I know from a couple of sources that he keeps tabs on the Shie Hassaikai. He could have information that we need.".

"I have eyes on them too." Night Eye said through gritted teeth. "We don't need a criminal to help us.".

"Oh? And your sources know where their base is?" Aizawa questioned sarcastically. "A child is at risk, Night Eye, we don't have time to do this through proper channels.".