34: Throw The First Punch-Make It A Good One

"You know how to fight?" Yuji asked. The officer gave him a bewildered look. 

"Of course I know how to fight. I'm a police officer.". 

"I know you're a police officer." Yuji grumbled, fiddling with his pepper spray gun, "That's why I'm asking.". The kid laughed to himself. 

Hado huffed but didn't say anything else, instead deciding to adjust the bullet proof vest he was wearing under his trench coat. He wasn't in his full police regalia, so the vest, his gun and his badge were all he had on him. Apart from the com device of course, which had gone unresponsive. 

"If you wanna make it through this, stay behind me." Yuji ordered, about to pull his mask over his face. "Fuck." He hissed when it hit his still bleeding nose. 

"Don't put that on, its too tight and it'll fuck you nose up." The officer said, rushing over to take the mask away from the kid. "They've already seen you, it doesn't matter.". 

"I don't-" Yuji took a quick breath, "I don't like it when people look at me. And I'm stressed enough right now that-". Another quick breath. Fuck that oncoming panic attack was coming faster than he thought it would. 

"Here!" The officer suggested, coming up with an idea quickly. He held out a normal black cloth mask. The kid accepted it without question and put it on easily. "You ready?". 

What an absurd situation they were in. It was crazy to both of them, but Yuji still managed a smirk under the mask. 

"Of course I am." He said, "I've gotta haul your ass out of here after all. Not like I have a choice.". 

"Remember what I said about that mouth causing trouble?" The officer threatened playfully. Yuji rolled his eyes, far more relaxed now that he was preparing for a fight. Hado couldn't help but smile back a little bit. The kid had an infectious grin. 

"What is your name anyways?" He asked, realizing he still didn't know. He had planned on matching the kid's photo at the station and hadn't thought to ask. 

"Tell me yours first." The vigilante shot back childishly. 

"Hado Itsuki." He replied with zero hesitation. 

Yuji seemed a little taken aback, shocked he would offer up the information so readily. 

"I'm Yuji." He replied with a smirk before he ran into the hallway, sprinting down the stairs. 

The officer flinched and raced after the kid. He rushed into the stairwell but was shoved back by the vigilante as gunfire broke out in the stairwell. 

"Give me that." Yuji said, grabbing the gun from the officer's belt. A real gun felt heavier than his two fake ones, but he had held one before. 

He ducked around the corner of the staircase and fired a warning shot right next to one of the clown's faces. The gunfire from their side went silent from the shock and Yuji quickly shot them all with the pepper spray one. 

Screams of pain were ripped from the group and Yuji jumped the railing, landing on top of one of them. Hado followed obediently as they descended the stairs. 

Meanwhile Hawks had just burst through a window on the main floor. 

"You in here Ghost?!" He shouted at the top of his lungs before any of the clown goons around him even had the chance to attack him. 

Another gang member was thrown over the stair banister the moment he said that, groaning in pain as they hit the ground and had the wind knocked out of them. 

"I'll take that as a yes then." Hawks said with a smirk. Several of his feathers shot out at the people in the room, pinning them by their clothes to the wall. He rushed up the stairs, using his wings to get ahead. 

He finally made it to where Ghost was right as the vigilante nailed a clown in the face with bloodied knuckles. 

"You really make those hits count, huh?" The hero said, throwing a clown goon over his shoulder and into the wall. 

"Nice of you to finally show up." The vigilante said, swinging his paintball gun over his shoulder and setting it to automatic fire so it continually went off, nailing the clown behind him in the face several times. 

Keigo was a bit taken aback by the hero's real voice. 

Now, he wasn't as naïve as everyone else. He knew Ghost was crazy young. Even if his voice modulator made him sound like an adult, Keigo knew he wasn't one. 

He had been extremely capably at that age too, so he supposed he was able to recognize someone else like him. 

But with just the surgical mask on he looked way too young to be involved in all this. He also looked far too injured to be fighting like he was, but the vigilante was taking on clown after clown without hesitation, all of his instincts at full tilt. 

Hawks met the boy's eyes and were shocked by how bright they were. He was also shocked that he had blue hair. Somehow he had always expected it would be black or dyed some crazy colour. 

"Hawks?!" A voice called out, confused. A very bewildered looking man turned and gawked at the hero. 

Keigo startled a little at the man's appearance. He looked between the two pairs of golden eyes, his expression suspicious. "Are you two..." He started, but when he was met with blank expression he dropped it. "Never mind. Who's he?". 

"My kidnapper." Ghost said, firing what was definitely a real gun into the wall to his life. Screams were heard on the other side. The so-called kidnapper gave Ghost a horrified look. "Don't worry, I didn't hit anyone. Just spooked the people patching up Fujiwara so they wont let him out to get to us. Also we've gotta get out of here now.". 

"Why?" Hawks asked, confused. 

"I can hear cop cars." Yuji informed them, "Not far either.". 

And Hado remembered the kid's earlier question. 

'What are you gonna do with me now?'. 

He grabbed the vigilante. 

------------ ------------ ------------- ------------- ------------ ----------- ------------- 

"Mrs and Mrs. Namura?" The officer on duty said, opening the door to the waiting room. "Oh, I see you've gathered quite the cavalry.". 

"Well my son has a lot of people waiting for him." Isamu said, a threatening lilt to her voice. Ayako held her wife's hand in reassurance. 

The rest of the group sat on the edge of their seats, eager for news. 

"Well I'm glad everyone's here to hear this. We've found your son.". 

The room's atmosphere was immediately lightened. "Is he okay?" Midoriya asked. The police officer shifted from foot to foot for a second. 

Aizawa felt his heart sink. "What aren't you telling us?" He asked. 

"Well, you see...." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: Wow I love my non violent fics. Its a much needed break and change in style. I don't want to get stuck in the niche of complex fight scenes 😊💕

Also Me: Uploads what is essentially 3000 words of fight scene 

I have no words, for I am ashamed of myself 😅

Welcome to fight scenes r us I guess. 

Why all of you are still reading at chapter 34 is beyond me but thank you all so much seriously. 

This probably seems a little out of left field but sometimes I realize how boring and unmotivated I would be if there weren't people reading my books. Being on wattpad and publishing fics has made me more confident in my writing than I ever thought possible. 

To the point where I really want to start finish some of the original works I have written so I can put those up here. 

So thank you all so much and stay tuned 😁