11: Real Deal

Yuji had never had a 'your secret life fucks up your public one' moment before. He saw it all the time in TV, the hero being dragged away from a presentation or their friends because they had to save people, only to return in the nick of time. 

If something happened while he was out as Yuji then, so what? Either a hero would stop or he would. His friends all knew his moms ran a boxing gym, they expected him to be able to handle himself in a fight. 

But he'd never been pulled away to do something as a masked vigilante. 

Until now, of course.

 Aizawa was texting him, saying they had a location for Lady Cactus and Squid Man from an anonymous tip. 

But he was in the middle of a party as Yuji. 

"Fuck." He said, climbing out the bathroom window. "I'm never gonna hear the end of this.". His friends wouldn't let him literally running away right before they played some dumb drinking game. 

Yuji tapped Aizawa's contact as he ran down the street. The man picked up immediately. 

"Where are you?" The hero demanded. 

"Off the fucking clock." Yuji responded. He was harsher than he intended to be, but this really sucked. "Where is this lead?". 

"Top of Shino Tower.". Yuji cursed under his breath. 

"I'll be there as soon as I can." "How soon is that?" "20-30 minutes?" 

"What? Where the hell are you?" The hero asked, sounding a little concerned. 

"I was at a party. You know, because I have a life outside of wearing a black mask and beating the shit out of petty criminals." Yuji shot back. "I think I can get there faster, but it'll only be 10 minutes faster.". 

He saw the gym and made a b-line for the garage. He grabbed his bag of 'hero stuff' and shoved everything on in a haphazard manor. 

"How are you going to shorten that time?" Aizawa asked cautiously. Yuji's eyes landed on his ma's motor cycle. 

Sure, he didn't have a license but that was only because he wasn't 18 yet and that was the minimum age here. If it was lower he'd have his already. His ma had taken him around parking lots on the bike, he knew how it worked. 

"By doing something really dumb. I'll see you there!" He said before ending the call. 

---------- ---------- --------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------- 

When he arrived at the building there was a police line around it. A crowd had formed and some strange black goop appeared to be leaking from the top.

He parked right outside the police line, careful not to pull his mask up when he took the helmet off. 

"Hey, stay back!" One of the police officers barked as he crossed the line. "We're waiting on backup from heroes, you need to go now-".

"He is backup." A voice interrupted. 

"Well if it isn't Eraserhead!" Yuji called out, smiling beneath the mask. "Miss me?".

"Where'd you get that thing?" The hero asked. 

"Well its no batmobile, but we can't all have that sort of a budget." Yuji said with a smirk. 

"I wasn't insulting it, I just want to know where you got it. You've never been spotted on a motorcycle before." The hero explained. Yuji shrugged. In all honesty Aizawa thought they were far too dangerous and that Ghost could get into a serious accident. He was worried. God when did he become such a mother hen?