31: Can I Steal That? I Promise To Keep It Safe

Monoma ran ahead of Izuku, avoiding his attacks. Izuku furrowed his brow and tried to focus on where he thought his opponent would run to and not where he was now. 

The cinder block he managed to dislodge didn't do much but make Monoma stumble though. 

"The best part of all of this is that you don't even know if those screams are coming from the real Uraraka or Shinso." The blond taunted. Izuku gritted his teeth but remained silent. 

Something strange was going on with One For All. His quirk wasn't acting at all like it was supposed to and he kept getting these odd little surges of power.

 It was starting to hurt to hold them back and Izuku was getting genuinely worried. He didn't want his limbs to blow off or to seriously hurt Monoma, no matter how annoying he was. 

"Bet you're pissed you were put against me. Probably want an easy win so your little boyfriend will finally be nice to you." His opponent teased. Izuku glared at him, his look saying so much while he couldn't say a thing, too worried Monoma had copied Shinso's quirk. 

Izuku felt another power surge but ignored it.

Until he couldn't. 

When the next surge came it felt like it was exploding out of him. Like his limbs really were going to fall off and explode. 

Instead though massive black tendrils burst out of his hand. Izuku screamed in pain as they pulled him towards Monoma, slamming his helpless body into a nearby wall. He gasped at the impact, the air leaving his lungs instantly. 

The tendrils moved again, this time towards where Shinso was on the ground. Izuku screamed again, clutching at his hand with the other. 

And then it just...stopped. 

He felt something click inside his gloves and his quirk just stopped moving. He fell to the ground in a heap, still in an immense amount of pain. 

Monoma tried to leap at him, but Shinso intercepted, shoving his own teammate away. He turned to the nearest camera and pleaded for the teachers to stop the fight. Izuku continued to writhe in pain on the ground. 

The green haired boy remembered a buzzer going off right as his eyes slipped shut and the world around him disappeared. 

-------- ---------- ------------ ------------ ----------- ---------- ----------- 

Izuku awoke to the sound of soft chatter, but the moment he opened his eyes it stopped. 

Blinking to clear his eyes, he focused in on Katsuki who was sitting beside him in a chair. The blond gave him a rare, unguarded smile. There was no snark or anger behind it, just pure happiness at the fact Izuku was awake. 

"How long was I out?" The green haired teen croaked. He coughed involuntarily when he felt the scratchy sensation in his throat. Katsuki was quick to tilt a water bottle to his lips. 

"Small sips. Don't fucking choke on me.". Although he looked softer, he was still Katsuki at the end of the day. "You were only out for two hours, but it was all because of Recovery Girl's powers making you tired. You actually woke up quickly right after you passed out, but she was already on the scene.". 

Izuku nodded to himself, absorbing the information. "What...happened?". 

He heard a sigh and suddenly became aware there were more people in the room. All Might and Aizawa were standing by the end of the cot Izuku was lying on, looking at him with expressions that screamed 'you're such a problem child.' but in the nice way. 

Obviously All Might wasn't just going to explain that outright in front of Mr. Aizawa, so he just sighed and said his quirk must have changed at least a little bit.