26: And So It Begins

"Dear diary, today a woman dressed as bozo the clown's ugly twin sister told me that she had teamed up with my mortal enemies to defeat me.". 

"Where did you get that pen? And what is that thing at the end anyways?" The clown woman questioned. There wasn't much else she could do, considering she was a little tied up at the moment. 

Get it? Because she was literally tied to metal bars? 

"Its a pink pom pom with glittery cat ears and for your information it came with the 'sparkly secret's diary' that I'm currently using. They're a set." Yuji said, his tone haughty. 

He really was using a sparkly pink and a matching diary. 

"Do you write everything down in that thing?" The clown woman continued. Maybe she thought she could have someone in her gang steal it and get all sorts of secrets about the underworld in Musutafu. But no such luck. 

"Nope." Yuji said, adding the finishing touches to the page. "I'm not writing anything down actually, I was just messing with you. I drew a picture of a vampire squid instead. Look!". He held the book open for the ridiculously dressed criminal to see. 

"That is...disturbingly anatomically accurate..." The villain said, slightly disgusted. Yuji smiled beneath the mask. 

"Thanks! Did you know that each of their eight arms have their own complete spinal chords? They have two more arms that they eat with that don't have spines.". 

"No I didn't?" 

"Well there you go! You learn something new everyday. Now, I'd like to learn what you did with my real mentor." Yuji said, his tone suddenly turning threatening. 

"I'm real. Ghost, its me." 'Aizawa', who was tied up next to the clown woman, protested. "Let me out of these things.". 

Lets record scratch, backtrack and bibbity bobbity back the fuck up to figure out how Aizawa got tied to some metal beams in a warehouse next to a representative from everyone's favorite street gang, clowns r us. 

Yuji had been rigging some traps in the warehouse as planned. They were amazing traps too. Aizawa had vetoed a few. Like nail boards by the windows and nails in doorframes and....come to think of it he vetoed everything involving nails. 

But Yuji had other good ideas too! Like trap doors, false walls that would collapse if anyone tried to bounce off them. Lots of hidden wires that triggered things like pepper spray, hair spray flamethrowers (because Aizawa vetoed the real flamethrower Yuji had made). He also made magnetic quirk suppressing cuffs which were attracted to each other so they would keep the criminal's hands together but could be used separately. 

He modified his outfit and bag to fit twice the weapons. Including a second hyper realistic paintball gun and more taser disks. 

And a few disks that did other things but those were super secret. Not even Aizawa knew what they did. 

There was a real benefit to having access to U.A. Those benefits were regular hugs from Eri, hanging out with Izu and Katsuki and stealing from their support course, sorry not sorry. 

God that one was outdated. Maybe Yuji was a little off his game. 

So he had been there, setting up a water bucket over the doorway (for Aizawa, not for the villains) when he smelled it. 

Something that was vaguely familiar, but vaguely foreign at the same time. 

Imagine his confusion when Shota, one of the people he knew the best in the world, walked in smelling nothing like he usually did.