((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟))

Normal POV

All the students of Westcrow were running helter-skelter, and not just the juniors rushing to do their project but also all students preparing for the midterm test. The final semester otherwise known as the Promotional semester was the term that determined whether or not you got to pass into the next year if not you would stay back and repeat the year.

Amidst all the madness, Bella and Maelyn were snuggled in a corner of the library searching for any form of aid or material to use. They selected two books 'Modern Alchemy' and 'Fundamentals of Alchemy' these books were written by the greatest minds in alchemy known to man and focused greatly on the more medicinal part of alchemy which Bella and maelyn wished to focus on. They figured most students in an attempt to impress would go for the flashy and explosive alchemy experiments but they decided to go for another topic.

They agreed to meet at maelyn's house the following weekend to further discuss and experiment on the project.

Bella's POV

I got to maelyn's house sometime around noon, I brought the books and all the ingredients I could gather and went in, the maids welcomed me and told me maelyn was still preparing things upstairs.

"Oh, are you one of Mae's friends?"A woman said she was the wife of Count Park, Countess Park.

"Yes, My name is Bella Swift, daughter of Count Swift it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance" I greeted, she had a very gentle and peaceful look she looked far too young even to be a mother I was about to go over to her when I heard maelyn's vo...

"Yes, My name is Bella Swift, daughter of Count Swift it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance" I greeted, she had a very gentle and peaceful look she looked far too young even to be a mother I was about to go over to her when I heard maelyn's voice from upstairs.

"Bella I'm all ready up here!"

I curtsied to the countess and went upstairs, "Hey maelyn sorry I'm late"

"Not at all"

"Um, I don't want to seem rude but wasn't the way you called for me in front of your mother a bit rude?"I asked

"My STEPmother, you mean"She harshly replied

"Oh my, you both look so alike"

"I'm not the only blue-haired, light-skinned girl in the whole world, like how both you and Liam have white hair but you guys aren't blood-related"

I refrained from asking any further questions for fear of angering her more than I already did.

We went up to her study room, the room was huge and full of books piled up on the table.

"This was everything I could find on medicinal alchemy, we've got our work cut out for us but with a little elbow grease I'm sure we can push through"

I dropped my bag on the sofa and took off my shoes to properly relax, I went over to the table and took a book with me.

I sat on the sofa and began scanning through its contents to see if there was anything I could find for my presentation.

"Ah nutritional supplements, this takes me back," I said