((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩))

Enisha's POV

New Year's Day had passed and the cool breeze of 1722 swept through the windows, my mother and I sat in the living room as she went over the delivered white dresses and jewels. Normally, new year's Day is celebrated by individual families but an official ball is held in the palace a week later and it was customary to wear white.

"Madam! Madam!" A maid burst into the living room,

"Have you lost your mind?! what is it? what has gotten you yelling like a mad dog?!" Mother yelled

"Forgive me madam but. . . .His Majesty's head butler has come to the foyer and he appears to be holding a golden decree!!!" The maid yelled, Mother sprung up leaving behind all the dresses

"Enisha get up and get dressed! you! tell the butler we will be out in 10 minutes" Mother commanded, the maid rushed out and Mother grabbed me and took me to my closet.

After this spectacle we rushed to the foyer, I got there first and saw my mother walk down the stairs dressed to the nines.

It was a custom-made dress from the Regency line which had recently become popular as a side-line trend and was worn alongside previous trends but the one she wore was so flamboyant and excessive that it was borderline gaudy

"Relaying His Majesty's decree!" The butler yelled, my mother and I knelt as he unraveled the scroll.

"For her years of service in the Imperial Harem and on the account of my 2nd daughter Enisha, Concubine Roanna is hereby promoted to Consort Roanna of the First Rank, her official appointment ceremony will be on the 21st of January, receive the decree!" The butler said he handed the rolled-up scroll to my mother who could not hide her excitement, her eyes glimmered with pride and joy, but what in the world was my father thinking promoting her? Not only that but skipping ranks as well? It is not unheard of but for someone like my mother, it is something I would never even fathom.

The butler left the palace and my mother got up with a wide grin stretched on her face.

"Finally, finally! I am no longer a wretched concubine, finally, I am a consort, of the first rank for that matter, Enisha do you know what this means? I am no longer a 'madam' but a 'your highness', and I'm a rank right below that insufferable aspharian whore, let's see her get cocky now" My mother grinned, a sinister thought clearly brewing in her head.

But her scheming thoughts were soon interrupted when a butler of our palace came into the foyer, almost bumping into my mother"

"I'm so sorry madam" He apologized on his knees

"You low life, I am a consort now and you will address me as such, what has got you so energetic?"My mother asked

"It is news from the Queen's palace"

"Ah, I'm sure she has heard the news of my overdue promotion and she's steaming with anger, no need to get so flustered"

"Forgive me mada- your Highness but that is not the case, the head butler had delivered a scroll to Her Highness the Queen announcing that the day before the new year's ball, Her Highness the Queen would be officially coronated as the Empress!!!" The butler said. My mother froze, the scroll she was jumping for joy about a minute ago fell out of her hands, I went over to grab it, and as I looked up I could see the veins in her eyes,