((ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠))

Normal POV

Bella had soon become accustomed to the letters from the imperial palace be it from the queen or even the emperor himself, but the one she had recently received could only be described as odd.

"Princess Rubiel wishes to have tea with me?" Bella said as she read the contents of the letter

"That is what the letter clearly stated my lady," Siyue said.

"Don't get smart with me Siyue, but seriously, I'd be less confused if enisha sent me a letter, I've never even seen Princess Rubiel before" Bella said. Princess Rubiel is the fourth daughter and youngest child of Johannes, her mother was the late Consort Franciff who passed away during labor, it was discovered that the pre-natal medicine she had been taking was poisoned throughout her pregnancy by a maid which was not only caused her to go in to labor early and die but resulted in Princess Rubiel being very weak and sickly, not to the point of being bedridden but it was easier for her to get sick.

"Well it's still a letter from an imperial family member so it is hard for me to refuse, help me get ready," Bella said.

She dressed up and got on the carriage as she normally did but this time with little to no peace of mind, why would the youngest princess want anything to do with me? I know I am no hidden figure in society but still, were only a few thoughts roaming her mind so much that before she knew it she had already reached the gates of the Imperial palace and was being escorted on the long path to Princess Rubiel's palace.

"Your Highness, Lady Swift is here, may we come in?" The maid who escorted bella asked at the door to Rubiel's room asked

"Yes, come in"

"Please stand still my lady," The maid said, a bottle of what appeared to be a disinfectant was sprayed all over Bella's body, and specially made linen gloves were placed on her hand.

"Please bear with this my lady, this is a precaution ordered by the emperor to ensure her highness' safety, you may go in now unless asked please stay at least 2 meters away from her highness"

Bella walked slowly into the room, it was shaped like a pavilion and covered in flowers and plants, which bella could easily identify as herbs that were good for maintaining one's health or as preservation medicines.

"Is the smell too harsh for you? I've grown quite used to it by now" Rubiel said,

"I greet the Fourth star of Hyperion" Bella curtsied,

Her body was fully covered, a white veil hung over her face and gloves covered her hands, not even her neck was exposed, the veil was translucent enough that you could roughly view the expressions on her face

"Please sit, I'll tell them to serve the tea now," Rubiel said, despite being just 10 she already spoke so formally, as expected of a princess.

"Thank you, your Highness, to what do I owe the honor of such a personal invite?" Bella asked seeing if she could probe her for the true reason behind this invite.

"Nothing, in particular, I just want to meet the lady who would my older siblings defended against. . .her," Rubiel said with an almost noticeable tone of disgust towards the end 

"Who? The second princess? I don't think she meant to" Bella said playing her typical white lotus card well.

"Oh please even with a veil i can see the lies in what you said, "Rubiel said bluntly, this caused bella to choke on her words

"Well, it would be wrong to speak ill of her highness," Bella said still trying to keep up her white lotus act

"Whatever you say. . .madam," Rubiel said, bella dropped her cup in shock as she noticed the sinister grin underneath Rubiel's veil

"How and who?" Bella asked immediately dropping her act

"Call it coincidence or a false story to bait you out, but i don't know if you remember about a year ago when my father invited you over in the garden for a 'secret' meeting, well to me that meeting was not so secret," Rubiel said taking another sip of her tea.

"Since you know this your highness i would have to warn you upfront that i am not one to succumb to threats or blackmail even if it involves my family and friends," Bella said

"Oh please what do i look like? Enisha? I would do such a thing it just excites me to know you are who i suspected you were"

"And if i wasn't or you couldn't confirm your suspicions, what then?"

"Then life goes on, it just feels good to know there are other people like me"

"Like you, you don't mean-"

"You're not the only one who has trauma to cope with Lady Swift, mine might not have involved an orphanage but it led to probably the same amount of sessions with therapists who didn't give a rat's ass about you beyond your title," Rubiel said, she slowly lifted her veil to reveal and pox marked face.

"This was from when i was eight and the smallpox epidemic swept through the capital, i am yet to discover an ointment to fade them and hope that they will fade on their own as i grow older and my immune system hopefully strengthens, but i show you this not for some cheap sob story but as a sign that i consider you an ally, only my closest maids and parents have seen my face"

Bella smirked, she got up and curtsied" I am honored your highness"

"Good, please do enjoy the rest of the snacks before you go, and i promise these walls are as soundproof as soundproof gets, not a single soul heard our conversation and none shall hear it from my lips for as long as i live," Rubiel said

"Then i must thank you for this, your Highness, in the future if you need any help i will be sure to make a few exceptions," Bella said

"Oh nonsense, i can help myself just fine. . .but thank you for the offer," Rubiel said, both she and bella exchanged grins and chatted about normal things till bella left.

Bella was still wary of Rubiel's discovery and wondered if she was truly an ally or an enemy in disguise.