((LEGENDS $ LORE))

Welcome beautiful readers.
Legends $ Lore is a set of bonus chapters that explain the mythological/Historical aspects of Hyperion.
Things such as How the supreme goddesses came about, the creation of Hyperion, the minor gods, demi-gods, and even the war that led to the amalgamation of the six kingdoms will be further explained in these chapters, some small scraps of explanation might have been mentioned in previous chapters but this will explain it more in-depth.

Now to the first chapter of Legends $ Lore, The creation of Earth and the superior beings;
As we know the Major goddesses are Dianatea and Florentia, they both contributed to the creation of the universe, but while florentia created the beauty and essence of the world/universe Dianatea put order this is why animals have a life cycle and don't just live on forever or why it rains sometimes and is sunny other times.
With the order of the earth came the seasons, dianatea gave birth to Pieris, God of winter, and Florentia had Fionualla and Chrysanthos, each of them are responsible for the seasons, as you may notice summer does not have a god/goddess, this is because Fionnuala is technically still responsible for summertime.

As previously mentioned, Florentia is also the goddess of Death, she takes the good souls to heaven and the bad souls are handled by Dionetri[ Die-oh-knee-tree], a demigod, all immortal beings in this world have a gem on their forehead, dionetri was chosen by the minor gods but in the eyes of humans he was a curse, he is responsible for punishing the bad souls in hell.

Now onto the Supreme beings;
Humans were the first race to be created by dianatea and Florentia, but they believed at the time that there should be some diversity or rather supremacy, there were strong humans yes and even some like mages and wizards but nothing particularly special in their eyes.
Thus the Supreme beings were created:
•Ghouls
•Nymphs
•Beast
•Roans
•Asmodians

Ghouls
First off we have ghouls, the beings that bella is descended from they were the smallest in size but were the strongest when it came to their power both in number and in their mana. Now the ghouls looked just like humans but were actually just like regular spirits, if you ever met a ghoul from then it would be like talking to a faint spirit.
They lived alone isolated in forests and deserted regions, they were very territorial beings and would go as far as killing anyone who would enter their territory. Seems normal so far until they were cursed, this happened when they went from being territorial to straight up rebellious and would cause trouble which often if not always led to someone dying, the other species tried to calm the ghouls but when they took advantage of their mana absorbing powers and started stealing mana from other beings then Dianatea cursed them into their now human bodies, this allowed the humans to revenge against them and began killing the ghouls, it's nothing short of a miracle that they didn't go extinct. The curse of the ghouls is further explained; When a ghoul reaches a particular age most times 16, they go through a chrysalis phase which is when their mana bursts free this is due to the fact that to turn them into a human form dianatea locked away their mana, so during the chrysalis phase the mana flows through their body rapidly, for a better understanding imaging several litres of hot blood was forced into all your blood vessels at the same time for hours on end. This, of course, led to the victims being in severe pain, if they survived they unlocked new and stronger abilities but most died from shock or after un-aliving themselves since they couldn't stand the pain.

Nymphs:
Nymphs were beings that lived in specified regions, e.g water nymphs lived in water bodies etc, they could not live elsewhere and if they were deprived of that area they would die so basically if there was a drought the water nymphs would die.
There were only three types of nymphs:
Water nymphs

There were only three types of nymphs:Water nymphs

Forest nymphs

Fire nymphs

Fire nymphs were the rarest breed of nymphs as there weren't many volcanic regions in Hyperion or even the world

The forest and water nymphs were the closest 'friends' to the ghouls as the ghouls mostly lived in forests and ponds and rivers that ran through forests, the nymphs had nowhere else to go so they just associated and lived with each other.
Forest nymphs were shape shifters who could transform into any animal, which often led to them being mistaken for regular animals and hunted for food or sport.
Sadly because of the war and all the destruction, and the modernization of the environment they almost went extinct they are believed to have secluded themselves in the Alderwood forest in the far northwest of Hyperion.

It is also believed that when nymphs die they become spirits that can form contracts with the human mages or beings with a lot of or strong mana. Each species of spirit has a King/queen who is the most powerful of all the spirits, if a nymph who is more powerful than the current king/queen then he/she is made the new king/queen of the spirits, but this occurs only once every few millennia. But spirits are prideful they will only form a contract with someone they deem fit.

Beasts
Beasts were the largest out of all the beings, damien, drax, Ezra and penny etc are descended from beasts, back then they were huge and could grow as tall as castles, but they were really close with the humans and lived among them freely, they still protected their territory but were open to anyone who didn't bear hostile intentions.
Different beasts had different abilities, of course, could morph into human forms and mix with the humans which led to the half breeds, but the beasts had solid genes so half breeds were a rare occurrence and would take years or decades of mixing to even result in what we can even call a 'half'-breed.

Asmodians
Asmodians were similar to beasts but were not all animals, the only animal asmodians were the asmodian dragons like ruben and ophelia, note that asmodian dragons are not beasts as they are often mistaken, Liam, is an asmodians all vampires are asmodians. Asmodians could be related to demons or phantom beings, humans that had supernatural powers but weren't mages.

Roans
As mentioned in maelyn's description, roans were lizard-like beings that were gifted with the gift of foresight, they could see the future but at the expense of their mental health, they were fierce warriors but were technically the weakest of all the supreme beings so to feel wanted they sold their gift to the humans and other beasts which led to them running mad sometimes, the humans stopped requesting their gift and soon the roans calmed down, they also mixed with other species but mostly humans, they had weaker genes so it was easier to give birth to half-breeds, there were some tribes of roans that were totally against mixing, so they would sometimes inbreed which would lead to purebloods, but of course lead to defects, so there is a slight chance that maelyn is a descendant of inbreeding.

The imperial family does not fall under any of these categories.
As I previously mentioned, all immortal beings gods/goddesses, demigods, have a crystal on their forehead, the imperial family was believed to be blessed by dianatea thus their crystal powers. Dianatea has a red crystal on her head and red eyes, this is the trait that is passed on to all children of the imperial family, the colour of the crystals is different for all members because the colour of the crystals is dependent on the members' hair, not the eye colour.

This is all for the first chapter of L$L, if there is any other part you'd like to explain then feel free to comment.

See you soon. . .