Ch 7: Injured Jedi

I looked at the Separatist ships as beeping went off.

"Our shields are gone" a clone said.

"Hurry, Anakin" I whispered.

I walked closer to the glass to see droids flying towards the cruiser.

"Commander, get out there and stop those droids" I said.

"I'm on it" he said running out.

I slowly slide down the floor as the ship turned.

"General, Skywalker's here" Gree said.

"Finally" I said. "We're entering the atmosphere!"

I grabbed my sabers running out with troopers behind me. I stabbed one of the droids before turning to another slicing it in half. I looked over my shoulder as Anakin and Ahsoka ran over.

"Where's your ship?" I asked blocking a blast.

"Docking in the lower hangar" he said.

We ran down the hall, being met with droids. I held my hand out pushing them to the wall. We got to the docking port as Ahsoka pressed the button on the wall.

"We made it!" Ahsoka said.

An explosion went off sending a few of the clones to the ground.

"It's too late!" Anakin said.

He held his hands out pushing us to the other side as the doors shut.

"Anakin!" I yelled.

"Don't move the ship" Ahsoka said into her comm.

I pressed the button repeatedly until the doors opened slightly as I looked around for Anakin. I saw him unconscious on the ground as I grabbed one of my sabers. I stuck it through the wall creating an opening before dragging his body. Ahsoka helped me grab his body as we got onto the ship. I kneeled down putting my hand to his face before looking at Ahsoka.

"I'll be back" I said.

I stood up, running to the cock pit. Communications were turned on with Admiral Yularen.

"You'll never be able to dock with our ship in the middle of this battle" Admiral Yularen said.

"We had no choice, Admiral. Ana- Skywalker's condition may be critical" I said. "We must get him on board The Resolute."

"Are all Jedi so reckless?" He asked.

I smiled as his face disappeared. A blast to the side of the ship left one of the clones unconscious as his head hit the console.

"The hyper drives been activated" Gree said.

"Shut it down! Now!" I yelled.

"I can't!" He said.

"General Organa, what is going on?" Admiral Yularen asked.

"We're going into hyperspace" I said. "Detach! Detach!"

Soon we were in hyper space as I walked out and to the infirmary. I sighed looking at Anakin then to Ahsoka.

"I need you with Captain Gree up on the bridge right now" I said.

"I should stay. Captain Gree doesn't need my help. Anakin does" she said.

"I care for him a great deal too, Ahsoka" I said. "But you can help him by getting this ship to safety."

"Organa, we have a problem" Gree said opening the door.

"What is it?" I asked.

"In our haste to escape, the navicomputers coordinates were inputted incorrect" he said. "And, well, we're headed right for a star."

I walked out with Ahsoka right behind me as we got to the bridge. She sat down attempting to fix the coordinates.

"It's no use. The navigation computers completely fried" Gree said.

"Shut down all power circuits to reset the coordinates" I said.

"That will cut off Anakin's life support" Ahsoka said.

"I know" I said. "But it's a risk we have to take."

"We're switching off primary power units" she said.

I walked over to the power controls.

"Cutting it awfully close" Captain Rex said.

"Ready to shut off auxiliary power" I said.

"On three" she said. "One, two, three."

I grabbed the lever pulling it as the ship shook coming out of hyperspace.

"We're out of hyperspace. Resume all power" Gree said.

I held onto the lever as Rex came flying pushing us both against the wall.

"Switch the power back on. What are you waiting for?" He asked. "Hurry!"

I held my hand out focusing on the lever, pulling it back up. I fell to the ground as the gravity turned back on. I walked towards Ahsoka and Gree as we approached a planet.

"Well, we're not going to crash into the star but we're definitely going to hit that planet" Ahsoka said.

The ship crashed as I held onto the seat. I stood up wiping blood from my face. I ran to Anakin with Ahsoka right behind me. We grabbed his body running out of the ship as it exploded. I sighed sitting beside his body, pushing his hair back.

"I'm just glad he's still alive" I said.

We set up camp miles down from the shipwreck as Gree and his men created a tent for Anakin. I put my hand to his head feeling him. I turned around as Ahsoka approached.

"He doesn't have much time" I said. "We have to find help tonight."

"You and Gree go south" she said. "Rex and I will stay here with Anakin."

"I'm sorry, Ahsoka. In order to get help quickly we must work together" I said.

"I can't leave him" she said. "I know if I was hurt, he'd never leave me behind. Just like you wouldn't leave Cal behind."

"We are not leaving him behind, we are only getting him help" I said. "If we don't leave now I'm afraid we'll both lose him. And I don't want to lose him, you don't either."

Ahsoka slowly nodded as Gree walked over.

"General Organa, look" he said handing me a piece of wood. "We're not the only ones on this planet. There has to be some kind of something here."

Roaring was heard from a couple miles out

"Where exactly are we going?" He asked.

"To go find the people who live on this planet" I said.

Ahsoka kneeled down to Anakin.

"Be strong, Master" she said. "Rex will watch over you."

"Don't worry, kid" Rex said. "I'll take good care of him."

"Rex, keep your locator on. We should be back by daybreak with whoever or whatever live so this planet" I said. "And please, watch over Anakin."

"Yes, Organa" he nodded.

"Come on let's move out" I said.

We walked into the grass with Gree and his men to look for any kind of life form.