Ch 18: Attack on Kamino

I stood beside Anakin with my arms crossed as everyone circled around the center.

"We are decrypting the audio, sir" one of the pilots said.

"The clone planet of Kamino will be a dangerous target" Ventress said as a hologram of her appeared.

"Just make sure you hold up your half of the mission" General Grievous said. "We must stop the production of new clones, if we are to win this war."

"Kamino" Anakin said.

"They're going to attack our home planet" Rex said.

"They can't be dumb enough to attack Kamino" I said. "They're taking quite the chance to even consider this."

"With all due respect, General, if someone comes to our home they better be carrying a big blaster" he said.

"I concur with Captain Rex, sir" Gree said. "This is personal for us clones."

"We'll make sure Kamino is secure" Anakin said. "Tell your troopers in the 501st they're going home."

I glanced at Anakin.

"This has to be their dumbest idea yet" I said as we approached Kamino.

"Like we haven't had any?" He said.

"They're your dumb ideas, I just go along with them" I said.

He smirked putting his hand to my cheek. I closed my eyes as our foreheads met for a quick second. We got off the ship being met with Lama Su and Shaak Ti.

"Masters Organa and Skywalker welcome to Kamino" Shaak Ti said.

"Greetings, Generals" Lama Su said.

"I wish our arrival wasn't under such circumstances" I said. "We believe Grievius is planning a Separatist attack on Kamino."

"But the Republic blockade is far too strong" he said. "They would not dare."

We followed them inside awaiting the impending attack. Alarms began going off as Anakin ran to his ship flying off with R-2. I stood with Shaak Ti, Gree and Rex looking at the charts.

"The fleet is not as large as I expected" she said turning to me. "Begin the air strike."

I watched as debris fell from the ships and into the water.

"Grievous appears to be sacrificing his transports in favor of protecting his command ship" she said.

"Somethings not right" I said.

My eyes followed the debris, feeling something off.

"I'm gonna press the attack, Luna" Anakin said.

I held up my arm.

"No! It's too easy" I said. "Not even Grievous would attack so recklessly."

"The battles up here in space, not down there" he said.

"The debris from the destroyed Separatist ships is the key" I said.

"What are you thinking?" Shaak Ti asked.

"I think I'd like to go for a swim" I said.

I went to find a small water craft, going in. I looked around at all the aiwha's.

"Nothing as of yet" I said.

"Only you could be worried about the ships I already shot down" Anakin said.

I rolled my eyes continuing deeper into the water.

"Wait a minute" I said. "Aqua droids."

I looked closer to see them working on the debris that fell.

"It looks like they're assembling assault craft" I said.

I dove the ship a little closer

"Anakin, I was right. Those downed transports were hiding ships for an underwater assault" I said.

I got no response.

"Anakin, come in" I said.

The aqua droids noticed me as once got atop the ship. Several more did the same as they broke the glass. I pressed one of the buttons as I was ejected. I grabbed my saber slicing one of the droids as I swam up. I looked up before grabbing an aiwha's tail. I laid on top of it, catching my breath.

"Thanks for the lift, friend" I said patting it.

We were in the air as the attack crafts left the water and onto the buildings.

"Anakin, the city is under attack" I said. "I need you down here now!"

"On my way" he said.

I jumped off the aiwha and down the hall meeting Rex. Anakin ran over as we blcoked blasts.

"There aren't enough droids here to capture the city" I said. "They're trying to distract us. Go protect the DNA center. I'll deal with Grievous."

"I don't think that's a good idea" he said.

"Go, Anakin!" I said.

He ran off without another word. I ran towards the droids slicing them into pieces.

"It's weird not having two sabers" I said.

"What happened to your other?" Rex asked.

"Grievous" I said. "Go find Gree. I got it from here."

I ran down a hall seeing Grievous turned towards a door.

"All too easy" Grievous said.

"Define easy, General" I said.

"Organa" he said.

"You have something of mine" I said. "I want it back."

I watched as he grabbed my purple saber from his belt. I lashed towards him as he blocked it. One of his hands grabbing my face throwing me to the ground then up to the ceiling.

"Ah" I said slowly getting up.

"Organa, Kamino has fallen" he said. "Your clone army is doomed.

"I beg to differ, Grievius" I said.

I held my hands out throwing him to the wall. My other saber left his hand and fell to the ground. Quickly I levitated it to my hand. He grunted before speeding down the hallway. I followed him outside, not seeing him anywhere. I turned around as he crawled from underneath the bridge. He grabbed his stolen sabers, spinning them.

"I hate when they do that" I said.

He slowly walked towards me as a large price of debris broke the bridge. I slid off, grabbing the edge before losing my grip and slipping off. An aiwha flew from underneath me as I sighed, smiling.

"Thank you" I said.

I got off the aiwha meeting Anakin.

"I'm assuming Ventress got away" I said.

"And Grievous?" He asked.

"Well, at least I got my saber back" I said.

He smiled as we went to meet with Shaak Ti.