Ch 13: Poggle the Lesser

I heard a shuttle land as footsteps approached.

"You sure you don't want me here?" Gree asked.

"It's okay" I said. "Mace needs you a lot more than I do here. I'll see you soon."

He smiled, nodding his head. I turned around as another shuttle landed with Obi-Wan walking towards me.

"A hard victory won?" I said.

"Indeed, and a costly one" he said.

"We suffer the most loses in battles like these" I said. "Too many."

"The battles do appear to be coming with growing frequency" he said.

"I presume no sign of Poggle?" I asked.

"Nothing" he said. "We have clone squadrons spread out all over the area but no hits yet."

"I'll go out and find some clue as to where he went" I said.

I walked to my speeder, grabbing the goggles.

"I'm sure the clones can handle it, Luna" he said.

"Poggle has too much information about the Separatists. He can't get away" I said.

"Luna" he sighed.

"I can handle it" I said.

He nodded.

"Very well" he said.

I got on, speeding off. Buzz, a clone close to Master Unduli accompanied me. I updated Obi-Wan as we wandered the area. I looked through scope seeing a box laying in the desert.

"There" I said.

"Where?" He asked.

"One hundred fifty clicks southeast" I said.

We went down to the box, examining it. I pulled out my comm to contact Obi-Wan. Ki-Adi Mundi stood beside him as I forced a smile.

"Master Mundi" I said. "The box appears to be a munitions container of some kind."

"It could just be debris" Mundi said.

"I don't think so" I said. "To my knowledge, there was no battle in this area."

"It looks like Poggle was on a direct course" Buzz said. "Eleven mark, seventy-two, that way."

"Headed directly for the Progate Temple" I said.

"That makes no sense. Nothing in the temple could have survived the munitions we used in the first wave of our attack" Mundi said. "Why would he risk exposure to go there?"

"I'm not yet sure" I said. "Perhaps he doesn't realize the extent to which we cleared that area."

"Organa, I'm tracking a sandstorm that's heading your way" Anakin said as his body appeared in the hologram.

"Poggle is out in the open, and I intend to grab him before he can get off world" I said.

"I advise against it" Mundi said.

"As do I!" He said.

"You might get lost in the storm" Mundi said.

"Then we'd have to find both you and Poggle" Obi-Wan chimed in.

"I feel it is a risk worth taking" I said.

"Are you serious?" Anakin asked.

I ended the communication turning to Buzz.

"Let's go" I said.

We got back in our speeders heading towards the temple when the sand storm blinded our vision. Soon we arrived at the temple.