Ch 33: The Framed Jedi

I looked down as Yoda gave a quick eulogy to the fallen Jedi. I looked over as Ahsoka and Poppy spoke quietly. I sighed walking out with Anakin, Ahsoka and Poppy. Tarkin walked up as I rolled my eyes.

"So what happens to Letta now?" Ahsoka asked.

"The bomber has been moved" Tarkin said.

"Moved? Where?" She asked. "Why should she be moved?"

"The Republic military has taken her into custody" he said.

"But why? This is a Jedi matter, isn't it?" She said.

"Clones were killed, which makes this terrorist attack a military matter" he said. "An attack on the Jedi is an attack on the Senate."

"Admiral Tarkin is right" Anakin said. "Letta isn't a Jedi. It's not for us to be the judge and jury over a citizen of the Republic."

"If Letta's guilty, she's guilty and she should be dealt with" she said.

"Calm down, Ahsoka" I said.

"Remember, revenge is not the Jedi way" Anakin said.

"The evidence seems clear, Ahsoka" Poppy said. "Nothing will ever change."

I looked at her before looking to Tarkin.

"The Chancellor feels very strongly that the Jedi be removed from as many military matters as possible" he said. "You yourselves said that you're peacekeepers, not soldiers."

"I hope Chancellor Palpatine knows what he's doing" Ahsoka said.

"I assure you that he rarely does anything without strategy" he said.

Poppy looked at me as I forced a smile.

"You have assigned me to tasks and now it is the time to do them" she said. "Ahsoka."

"Go be with your friend, Ahsoka" Anakin said.

I watched as Ahsoka ran to Poppy's side as they walked out of view.

"You know, I think you're too hard on her" he said. "You compare her too much to Cal. I don't think you'll ever find a padawan quite like him, he was literally you but in male form."

I smiled turning around to him.

"I know you miss him and I do too" he said. "He wouldn't want to see you like this. Just give her a chance."

"He was by my side almost every day for two years" I said. "The moment I lost him, is a feeling I'll never forget. And it's a type of pain I hope you never have to endure. But I'm trying to be better and not compare."

"That's all you can do" he said.

His comm began beeping as Mace instructed us to meet him in the war room. He quickly called Ahsoka as we walked down the hall.

"We've uncovered a Separatists plan of attack. We shall travel to the Anoat system here then move across to Saleucami" Obi-Wan said.

"So far out of our way?" I said.

"Unfortunately, we must avoid these neutral systems" he said.

"Excuse me, Master Jedi" Tarkin said appearing in the hologram.

"Yes, Admiral" I said.

"Commander Tano your presence is requested by prisoner Letta Turmond" he said.

"The prisoner from the hangar bombing?" She said.

"Why is she asking for Ahsoka?" Anakin asked.

"Not exactly sure. Commander Tano is the only person the prisoner will speak to" he said.