Ch 19: Tragic Stories

I listened to the sound of indistinctive chatter with my eyes closed. I slowly opened them to see Cal looking around.

"You're not focusing" I said.

"Why do we have to do this?" He asked.

"To get into contact with the force" I said.

"I've tried so many times and I can't" he said.

"You can" I said. "You're just not trying hard enough."

"Easy for you to say" he said.

"It wasn't always easy for me, Cal" I said. "It took me years to master it. You're strong enough to do it. You just have to feel it in your body and you can control anything, and I mean anything."

"I can't" he said.

I sighed before standing up. I motioned for him to follow me as we went back inside the temple. We walked in silence as he adjusted his robes.

"What was Alderaan like?" He asked.

"I don't remember it much but I've been there a couple times since I was rescued from there" I said. "It's a very beautiful place. I'd like to take you there sometime, I think you'd like it."

He smiled, nodding.

"I wish I could remember where I was from" he said.

"I'll help you figure it out, after this war" I said.

"Oh, it's okay" he said. "I don't really care."

"You can't fool me, Cal" I said. "I know it bothers you. Even if you don't say it out loud."

Ahsoka ran towards me as I smiled.

"My master said you needed me" she said.

"Uhh no?" I said.

She looked confused before crossing her arms.

"Well I could use help repairing my fighter since Cal doesn't want to" I said.

"I guess I'll help" she said.

Cal walked off as Ahsoka followed me. She pouted the entire way as we stopped at my fighter.

"You know he's very proud of you" I said.

"He doesn't seem like it sometimes" she said.

"He is, trust me. You're exactly like him that's why you two bump heads" I said.

I grabbed a roller before laying my back on it. I slid underneath my fighter as Ahsoka handed me the tools.

"My master and I are close but he never talks about his past" she said.

"It's a very touchy subject for him" I said. "Not everybody is as open to talk about their past."

"Your parents were killed, right?" She asked.

"Yep" I said. "They were assassinated. Someone was trying to kill me after I was born. I lived with my uncle and his wife before they had tried again. They almost succeeded that time. You know Master Piell?"

"Yes" she said. "He's not very friendly."

"He saved me from being killed. He's the one who brought me to the temple as a baby" I said. "I owe him a great deal of gratitude."

I rolled out from under the fighter as I looked at Ahsoka.

"A lot of Jedi here have tragic stories as to how they arrived here" I said. "It doesn't change who you are. We all try to move past it but not always are we able to. Anakin is one of those circumstances. He's still one of the best Jedi there ever was."

"I don't think you give yourself enough credit" she said. "You talk very highly of him but never yourself."

"I'm not one to gloat" I said.

"You're just as amazing as my master" she said. "A lot of younglings looked up to you and still do."

"I'm glad that I'm seen as a role model but I don't want them to grow up to be like me, I want them to be better" I said. "I've spent my whole life trying to be different and not be the 'conventional Jedi Knight'. I wanted to make a difference but I fear I am only prolonging the inevitable."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I have these dreams, premonitions one would say, they're all the same. Blue and purple sabers crashing against each other. The same words repeated over and over" I said.

"What are they saying?" She asked.

"Dying" I said. "I can't make out who's saying the words, they're muffled, almost like they're disguised. When I see them, I feel pain, heartache."

I looked up as Cal walked in.

"Master Kenobi wants you in the war room" he said.

I nodded, smiling at Ahsoka.

"You should go find Anakin" I said.

Cal walked alongside me as we went to meet Obi-Wan.

"Did he say what this was pertaining to?" I asked.

"Nope" he said. "He just sent me to get you."

"Great" I said.

We arrived as Obi-Wan stood beside Plo-Koon. I walked closer to the two seeing a map of a building.

"Is that the Citadel?" I asked.

"Master Piell along with his men have been taken by the Separatists" Obi-Wan said.

"Isn't the Citadel the Separatists most heavily guarded fortress?" Cal asked.

"It is" Plo said. "Which is why we need to go in with as much information as we can. These archives are old, I wouldn't trust them."

I crossed my arms looking at the map.

"Skywalker and yourself will be placed on the task of rescuing Master Piell and his men" he said. "Originally, I had wanted Master Kenobi to go but it seems you and Skywalker do exceptional together."

I looked at Obi-Wan who smiled. I nodded as Plo-Koon and Obi-Wan left.

"You don't look excited" Cal said.

"Because I'm not" I said. "You should go get some sleep, I'll see you in the morning."

He nodded before slowly walking out. I walked to my quarters to find Anakin messing with my belt that laid on the desk.

"Cal really made this?" He asked.

"Is that so hard to believe?" I laughed. "Didn't you build droids as a kid?"

"It's so interesting" he said.

I looked down to his robotic hand as I walked closer to him. I put my hand to his chest as he smiled.

"I've been thinking a lot" I said. "After this war, maybe we should leave. Leave the Jedi Order. Start a family."

I closed my eyes as the coldness from his hand met my cheek.

"I love you, Luna, more than anything" he said. "I would want nothing more than to do that."

"I love you, Anakin" I whispered.

I opened my eyes as he pulled me into his body. I listened to the beating of his heart as he rambled on and on about Ahsoka.