Ch 9: Peacekeepers

"General?" Gree said walking into the pod.

"Yes, captain" I said.

"We've got a Separatist ship incoming" he said.

"This is neutral space" Wag Too said.

"It won't be neutral for long, not if the Separatist have their way" Anakin said. "Help me up."

He grunted as he attempted to sit up.

"Don't struggle. I'm sorry but you're still too injured to move" Wag Too said.

Wag Too's father came in angry as a ship landed not far out.

"What menace have you brought to our village now, Jedi?" He asked.

"Father, you can't blame them" Wag Too said.

"He's right" Ahsoka said. "The Separatists don't even know we're here."

"And they can't know. We've got to hide" I said.

"Your presence here endangers us" he said. "You must leave before your enemies find you."

"But you'll need our help" Ahsoka said. "You can't fight them alone."

"We will not fight them at all" he said. "We would rather die than to kill others."

"You're going to surrender?" She asked. "But how can you-"

"Ahsoka, stop" Anakin said. "If the Lurmen want to remain neutral, we won't force them into war."

"See to it that they leave" he said. "I must see what our new visitors want."

Gree and Rex helped Anakin up as Wag Too gave Ahsoka supplies. Slowly we walked out of the pod as Anakin forced a smiled looking to me. Blasts were heard as the villagers began yelling. Ahsoka turned to us with her arms crossed.

"Can't we do anything?" she asked.

"No" I said. "And if we are discovered, all the Lurmen will be slaughtered."

"We'll be okay if we make it to the tall grasses" Anakin sighed.

Deep into the tall grasses, we took a break so Anakin could gather some energy.

"You know, I can't figure those villagers not wanting to fight" Rex said. "No pride, I guess."

"I call it no courage" Ahsoka said.

"They only want peace, no war" I said. "We cannot force them into something they do not want to do."

"We need to find a ship" Anakin said. "And I think the only one around here belongs to the Separatists."

"This is going to be fun" I said.

"We know they have a landing ship. They might have a shuttle" he said.

"Sir, you talking about stealing from one of the clankers?" Rex asked. "Count me in."

"We need to find them first" I said.

Ahsoka stood up pointing to the grass.

"I think we just did" she said.

"Blast it!" I said.

Rex and Gree began blasting it as the droid sped off. Ahsoka ran off with the clones behind her.

"After it!" She said.

I began running before turning around to Anakin who was holding his stomach.

"I'm fine. Just go!" He yelled.

I ran behind the others before walking the other direction. I cut the droid off, slashing it in half. We climbed up to a tree to get a better look at the ship to see a blockade.