Ch 46: Order 66

I sat alone in the Council chambers, in my seat. I had the overwhelming urge to cry. But for a reason I could not figure out quite yet. I closed my eyes, sensing death. Death of the Jedi.

I could feel Anakin slipping from the light and the darkness taking over. I saw him turning into a ruthless monster as tears fell down my face. I opened my eyes to a Force ghost in front of me.

"It may be too late for him" my mother said.

"No" I said.

"He cannot be saved from the dark side that corrupts him now" she said.

"I can try" I said.

I ran out of the chambers and onto a ship to get to the Republic executive building. I quickly found Gree who was with the men of the 41st Elite.

"I need you to follow me to the Chancellor's chambers" I said.

"Is something wrong, general?" He asked.

"There's no time" I said. "Grey! Buzz! Come with us!"

I walked down the hall with Gree, Buzz and Grey behind me. I stopped walking, hearing Gree take out his comm.

"Execute order 66" I heard.

I turned around as Grey and Buzz held their blasters up to me. Gree slowly did the same, looking as if he was fighting back the urge.

"I can't control it, general" he said.

"Gree.. what's going on?" I asked.

"I'm sorry" he said. "Good soldiers, follow orders."

They all began shooting as I blocked the shots. I held my hand up sending both Grey and Buzz's bodies to the nearest wall. I looked at Gree as a single tear fell down his cheek. He was struggling to put his blaster to his head as his hand shook when he finally got to it.

"I can't control it" he whispered.

"No!" I yelled.

I sliced his blaster in half before sending him to the wall where Grey and Buzz lay unconscious. I looked up as I felt my heart drop. I felt him die, I felt his heartbeat cease.

"Mace" I whispered.

I ran down the hall as fast as I could to the Chancellors chambers. I ignored the dead bodies that lay on the gorund as I saw the Chancellor leaning up against the wall with his face disfigured. Anakin stood before him, holding his hand out.

"You killed him" I said.

They both turned to me as Palpatine smiled. I threw one of my sabers to his chest as he yelled out in pain.

"What have you done!" Anakin yelled.

"Who killed him?" I asked. "Who killed him!"

In a fit of rage I grabbed my other saber, lunging at Anakin.

"Did you kill him!" I asked.

"I saw you die during giving birth" he said. "He can help you!"

I stumbled back, looking up to his eyes, seeing a hint of yellow in them.

"So, you decided to turn to the dark side? Did you ever once think that maybe the premonitions in your head are false!" I said.

"I don't want you to die" he said.

We began dueling as the clashing of purple and blue felt all too familiar. I held my saber up as his fought against it, slowly making it's way to my face.

"If that is my destiny, then so be it!" I said. "You cannot change what lies ahead of my path!"

"No!" He said. "I won't let you die!"