LVI

Not Afraid - Eminem

Vincenzo

"It's been three days you need to eat Mi Amore" I sigh moving the hair out of Karma's face, she's either been curled up in bed all day or laying in the shower for hours at a time, and even then I have to move her because her body doesn't have the strength to do anything, "I need help, I just can't keep living this way" She cries burying her head into the pillow. My heart is broken for her, to watch her in pain and not be able to do anything about it absolutely kills me. "I know leonessa, the doctor is coming today, he's going to help you" I try to reassure but I'm positive it's not making a difference to her. I've never seen someone withdraw from something before, at least not as bad as this, sure I've seen the guy's withdrawal after a few days of partying but it's nothing more than being agitated and sweaty, but Karma? She can't sleep, she's been vomiting on and off constantly, sweating like it's 110 degrees inside, body aches, and hot and cold flushes to name a few things.

My phone begins to ring so I get up from bed and walk outside of the room to answer it, "Hello" I speak peeking my head into the room to keep an eye on my wife, "Ace, the doctor will be there in an hour. Had some trouble getting everything he needed but it's all sorted out now" Iggy replies and I feel a small weight lifted off of my shoulders, "Can I come see her?" He asks and I don't know what to say, I don't think he realises the state that she's in and the last thing I want to do is upset either of them, it was hard enough to convince Karma to have me around her to keep an eye on her. "Give me a second brother" I basically whisper before putting the phone on mute, I slowly walk back into the room and crouch down next to her, I caress her face and watch as her body shakes "Leonessa?" I ask quietly, "Mmmmm" She groans as tears fall down her face "Iggy wants to come see you".

She stays quiet for a while before slowly nodding, I plant a small kiss on her sweaty face before standing up and going back out of the room. "All good brother, just a heads up she's not in a good space" I warn, "I know" Is all he replies before hanging up the call. I walk back into the room and crouch down next to her again "The doctor will be here in an hour, do you want to stay in bed and wait?", I just want her to be completely comfortable with what's going on I imagine everything is overwhelming, "No, can I get out of here?" She questions slowly lifting her head from the pillow beneath her. I nod my head yes and begin to slowly help her sit up, once she's sitting upright I stay quiet and wait for her next move "I'll need help walking" She speaks, her voice hoarse.

"I can carry you" I reply with a small smile but she shakes her head no, "I need to do this, I just need help", Damn I knew she was strong but I don't think I realised just how strong she is. I lend her my arm and help her to her feet, she links her arm with mine and slowly step by step we begin to make our way out of the bedroom, "I forgot how pretty the house is" She hums, I look to her and she has a small smile on her face, the first time in a while I've seen that smile. "Iggy's going to be excited to see you" I chuckle "He hasn't stopped asking about you". She looks at me and nods before looking back in front of her "What about the others?" She questions as we enter the lounge room "Gio and Lukas are glad you're back and safe, they said they will wait until you're better to come see you" I answer as we get to the couch.