XXXIV

Know Your Worth - Khalid & Disclosure

Vincenzo

"Everyone but Karma out of the car, take the asshole to my office I'll be there soon" I say watching them in the rearview mirror as they file out of the back seat, I sit in silence until the doors shut before turning my attention to Karma who's looking out the window. "Emily's in your room" I begin but Gio dragging the man's unconscious body in the background distracts me for a second, "Do you want to-" I start again but she cuts me off "No, I don't want to look at him" She croaks out, I grab her face gently and move it to look at me, my heart falls to my stomach when we make eye contact. The mascara running down her reddened cheeks, her eyes and nose are puffy and red too, the cut on her eyebrow and dried blood surrounding it, the bruises and scratches on her cheek from the brickwork.

My jaw clenches when I think of his hands on her, his scent, I'm going to break his fucking wrists before snapping every damn finger with my bare hands. He's bruised, cut, touched and threatened my fiancée the night before our wedding, and now he's going to pay for it. I'm sure her big brother won't be too impressed by this either, we all know Stefano's itching to release some pent up anger, "We are going to go upstairs, you're going to go to your room and have a shower, get Emily to help clean your wounds and relax. Come and find me when you're ready to talk, or eat, or cry".

I undo my seatbelt and get out walking to Karma's side intending to open her door but she opens the door before dragging herself out, "Can I just die instead?" She asks as she leans against the car to take her shoes off "I'm going to go ahead and say no, the honeymoons already booked" I reply taking her hand in mine once she's done "I'm sure you and Igloo will enjoy it just as much as we would". I stop walking and look to her to see a small smile on her lips, if this is what it takes then so be it "I mean you could be right, all I would need is a wig with long brown hair, some implants, a sex change and we might be getting somewhere".

We begin walking again and she begins humming "You know, I think he might be willing to do it", "I know he would, but it's not the same as you so it's not happening leonessa, you're stuck with me now" I smirk looking down to her, the guards keep their heads down as we approach the elevator, only looking up once the door begins to close "I have to tell you something that's probably going to make you hate me" I blurt out, her smile drops and her hands leaves mine "What?" She asks folding her arms over her chest.

I can't beat around the bush with this one I'm going to have to be straight forward, "Once we leave were not coming back, Italy's our home, but as you said before Emily can come whenever she wants I don't care, as long as you're happy I'm happy" A small weight is lifted off of my shoulders, one secret down now I only have to tell her about the dinner in New York. She purses her lips and nods her head slowly before staring off into the distance.