XVIII

Dark Side - Alan Walker

Vincenzo

"Freddie?" I call out over the phone, "Yeah boss?" He answers back. "I need you to write up a contract for me". Freddie, where do I begin with Freddie? Apart from Stefano he is the only other one that can do most of our legal work, he writes up business contracts, contracts to buy workers, contracts for our shipments and treaties across the globe. Freddie has also lived in Italy all his life, every time I asked him to come here with us he said he couldn't leave the motherland or the women behind.

"Contract for what?" He asks, I shake my head "Actually I need you to come here for a few days, its easier". "Ace you know I don't like to leave the country", I bite down on my jaw to stop myself from exploding "And you know I don't like incompetent workers. Get your ass on the jet with Stefano and his family or I'll come over there shoot both of your knee caps out and drag you back here myself" I hiss.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of my men, they're family. But they have to remember that they also work for me, I am the capo and whatever I say goes, end of fucking story. "Someone's grumpy, has this got to do with Stefano's sister?" He asks curiously and I can picture his smug looking face through the phone as we speak.

"Let me guess, iggy told you?" I groan rubbing my temples, "Of course, someone has to since you won't tell anyone about your love life" He replies quickly. "I don't have a fucking love life" I snap at him, "Yeah sounds like it brother, guess I'll see your cranky ass in a day" He hangs up the phone before I can reply. I get my phone out to call Iggy to get him in here but I look up to the office door and see it's slightly cracked open, "IGGY" I yell out I can hear his voice in the kitchen but I can't make out anything he is saying.

"IGGY" I yell again, a set of footsteps quickly approach the doorway and I'm met by Iggy carrying Karma on his back. "Do I ask?" Both of them shake their heads as a response, "Leonessa I need to speak with my worker" She holds onto his back and smirks at me, "If it's about work why can't I be here? I know all your dirty little secrets" I lean back in my office chair and hum, "You don't know the half of them leonessa" I respond with a smirk on my lips.

"I'll come to find you later Karma, he's pissed because I told Freddie about how much sexual tension you two have" I feel the smug look on my face instantly drop when he speaks, I look over to Karma who looks like she's about to kill him. "There's no tension Iggy!" She whisper yells at him, "Karma there's more tension than elastic bands around a watermelon" He responds, she jumps off his back and punches him in the arm before walking out of the office and down the hall.

I wait a few seconds before speaking "Close the door" I say motioning towards the door with my hand, Iggy closes it and sits on one fo the chairs infront fo my desk "What's going on?" I sigh heavily and put my head in my hands "Apparently Karma's mother has put a target on her head seems like after all these years she finally wants to spend time with her daughter, Stefano and his grandparents are coming down to discuss it with her. But the problem here is that her mother is now married to the leader of a rival of ours over in Germany. So Freddies coming down with Stefano to go over some documents to see what we can set up, she needs to be under our care".