Chapter 2: The Eyes In Question (OUTDATED)

The crew was at the cafeteria. They had all been gathered for a special announcement. The crew was whispering to each other. Everyone suspected that something important had been found on the planet's geography. They all expected some anomalous structure, maybe something built by an ancient alien civilization. The silence steps in with Mike's slow appearance. He made a small cough, took a deep breath, and with his usual stern face, spoke.

"While scanning the map of XEROX-H43, I have managed to identify anomalous structures residing on the planet. The arrangement and layout of the structure indicates a city of an alien civilization residing on XEROX-H43. All seem to be in decent condition, meaning the civilization in question is alive. There are also other cities found throughout the continent, especially the desert. More research needs to be conducted in order to find out the nature of these buildings and how long they have existed."

The silence faded in for a bit, until John stood up. "Are you able to pinpoint where they are in a technological development standpoint?". Mike looked at John. "In order to calculate their technological development, we need to get a closer look and gather information on them, however, I do recommend turning the cloaking mechanism on.", Mike replied.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Then, we should send in multiple drones. Melvin Rogers, this is where your expertise comes into play, you can deploy the appropriate drones necessary for the situation?" asked John.

Melvin smiled, "Dr. Hamilton, I worked with Lockheed and the Pentagon. I have been in this situation before. I recommend you authorize me to deploy multiple SE-24s, a spy drone to monitor the behavior and appearance of the encounter of an intelligent life other than creatures in oceans, RVER-15s to collect samples of soil, water or any other material you want to analyze and finally KDR-66s to collect multi-cellular organisms, plant or animal. After the mission is done, I will disassemble the drones."

"Authorization granted Melvin Rogers. Deploy the amount you think it would suit the situation". John turned towards everyone else. "Everyone, make preparations for testing of organisms of XEROX-H43. We got a lot of work to do."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mirabelle walked across the hall as the sun shined the floor of tiles. She has decided to put the change at the back of her mind. She had bigger fish to fry. She enters a classroom. The front of the class had a large blackboard with complex writing using chalk, describing some sort of Ice Magic spell. The teacher's desk was In front of the blackboard, facing the entire class. For the students were dark oak desks, with very comfortable chairs to sit on, all arranged neatly. The teacher was Professor Antonia Page, a 37-year-old tall woman with dark purple hair and green eyes. Her specialty is in ice magic and, like the other professors in the academy, is considered to have higher mana stamina than any other ordinary witch or wizard.

"Princess Mirabelle, I hope you can explain why you are late to my class?" asked the professor. She was a bit disappointed that a student of hers was late to class. It didn't help that there were rumors spread around by the other students that tanked everyone's perception of Mirabelle a bit. 

"Forgive me professor, I was brought to Grandmaster Valdemar to speak to him about some classified information". 

The professor sighed. 

"Alright, take your seat then", she pointed at the middle front seat of the class.

The Professor starts to teach her students a simple ice magic spell called "Ice Pillar". It does what it sounds, creates a pillar of ice; the dimensions of the pillar depend on how much mana is used up for a pillar. The teacher extended out her left hand and turn to the table. There was an iron tray at the teacher's desk. She pointed at it with her index finger and her lips started to move. "Fedala Querri!". A cyan blue magic circle appeared on the tip of her index finger, on the iron tray, a small ice pillar came up. She then looked at the class. "Alright, you all will be learning to cast this spell. We will start by trying to pronounce it properly."