Chapter 10: Royal Meeting (OUTDATED)

The large round desk with chairs made of wood had stacks of papers, pens and people sitting around it. It lay underneath a great Victorian chandelier which lit the entire room, covering everything with it's yellow light beam. The old dwarven king sat upon his mighty throne, bored. He takes a sip from his golden goblet as he thinks of what could have been, ignoring the constant chatter surrounding him.

With his each fingers occupied by 1 gold ring with emerald gems like his eyes, the thick bearded man with a rather small long nose wore a violet purple tunic with a black toga, and a gold crown on his head.

He had forgotten what he originally wanted to be, but the challenges he had faced forced him to be the ruthless king he is today. Back then he had ambition;  the drive to do something that  deviated from the norm. Now he is just sitting of his chair, letting all his regrets wash over him. 

The gentlemen he was surrounded by all wore either black or purple cloaks as a show of wealth and power. All were heads of departments and trusted advisors for the king who oversees his city. 

"Your majesty?" Dalokol interrupted. He turned his head.

"Yes? What is it?"

"The head Pensaetop wants to know your majesty's answer."

"Oh... uh. What do you suggest Head Pensaetop Morrak, what do you advise?"

"I advise your majesty to invest 2,500 gold coins they ask for."

"Who?"

"The church your majesty.  They are asking for 2,500 gold coins to renovate all the churches to the new architectural style. It is projected to help increase the people's faith in the church and your majesty himself."

He grunts.

"Fine. I Accept. What is the next line of business needs settling?"

Dakolol coughed twice, "Me, your majesty."

He picks up his papers on the table. 

"Lord Emkum requests his majesty for 8,700 gold coins to build a new long lines and equip them with agerkells to move in and out large mining equipment and ores collected. 

Though the mine seemed to be not be special as it seems, it lacks any materials that could justify the steep investment. I even investigated to see for myself if it had any blue mana crystals. It is increasingly unlikely that there are any."

"Who gave you the tour?"

"Lork Emkum himself your majesty."

"Your majesty, I would like to add to this topic myself. May I have your majesty's permission?" asked Jothar Darkcoat. He was the head of the Mines. He oversees a helps them a lot, and a long friend of Emkum. He wore a black robe like Dakolol himself, but his bread was much shorter, his nose larger, and his eyes were an emerald green.

"You shall." he said. 

"I myself have sent off an investigator to report me his findings of Lord Emkum's mine. According to his words. The mine has at least 12% more blue stones than any ordinary mine. On top of that, it has some of them most valuable rare violet mana crystals. I would like to question where the Head Inzperian got his information."

Dakolol stayed quiet. He thought for a moment.

"I think your man had mixed it up with a different mine. He might be talking about Lord Orilgoun Greatbow's mine. It would be foolish of me to lie directly in front of his majesty."

"Well, we shall soon see Head Inzperian Dakolol. Your majesty, I have brought the report on the mines right with me. Your majesty can read it from your majesty's sharp eyes to confirm." he passed a red file and gave it to his majesty while smirking at Dakolol. King Adrom opened it up and began skimming though it.