Chapter 8: City Carved from Stone (OUTDATED)

Dalokol Runebreaker woke up to the ringing of the community bell that screamed in every room in every household. He got off his hard bed, and got off the bed, which used a hay mattress and brown cotton covering, sheets and pillows. The room was lit by sunlight, using lots of mirrors to reflect them underground. His wife, Germyl, about as muscular as him, had cooked him a nice morning breakfast. Soon, the children followed to the table.

The wooden plates had contained a large boiled egg, roasted meat, vegetables and bread. The large egg was brown, with black dots all over. This came from a lizard-like creature that lives in the caves, called a Selitoc. It was rather large, with dark brown skin that camouflages with it's environment. The roasted meat had come from an animal called the Pellicite. It was like a super strong pig with stronger bones than usual, and more calories and nutrients. 

The vegetables were made of purple and orange jenucans with the bread made of kekkolins wheat. Purple jenucans were a type of mushroom that glow violet in the dark, which is why it its given that name. Kekkolins wheat, is a very bright greenish-blue crop, that requires very little amounts of sunlight. It's color comes from it's high chlorophyll concentration, and ability to store mana.

"How was work honey?" she asked in a deep voice.

"I have a meeting with his majesty today at..." he looked at his golden pocket watch. "4 from now. A new project for the mana crystal mines. The palace wants a new line built in and out of the new willwaker crystal mines, and to discuss about the appearance of some Mysterious creature."

"Mysterious creature?"

"Yes, dear. Though I don't know what, his majesty himself requested me to come."

"But why you dear? You are the head of inzperian, a man who helps build mechanical structures on a day where he should stay, to teach his children." He took a deep breath, holding his annoyance. 

"Do not question his majesty dear. I am sure that he has his reason." he continued eating his breakfast, and attempted to shift the topic somewhere else.

"So.... how is your studying going son? Mastered the concept of steam mechanics?" he asked Dulmir. He didn't respond, but he did pause. 

"yes..." he said with a little nod. 

"Good... Good...

So have you abandoned the idea of learning about some stupid her.."

"They save lives father." he corrected. Dalokol's face blew red in anger.

"Have you forgotten your manors young man!" he shouted at him, so loud that the neighbors could hear a little faint sound of his voice. He kept silent, not wanting to further fuel the flames, but the father was not done. 

"How many times do I have to tell you to drop that worthless practice?" He took in a deep breath.

"Our family is built on being the head of inzperian for the royal family! Your grandfather, great grandfather, and great great grandfather, and so on, have all built our family status on it. You expect me, for my son, to enter poverty chasing a stupid dream that never comes? How do you expect to earn a living?" 

"But father! I want to help the people of common, not to reach status. It bring me..."

"SILENCE!" 

"Why can you not be like your sisters, Lyesria and Lyssris? They dedicate themselves everyday to be the prefect housewives for our race, yet you can't sacrifice your life to preserve the family dynasty! Do you not realize how selfish you are?" Dulmir had back. No response.