Chapter 5: The Ones From the Stars. (Part 1)(OUTDATED)

The commander steps out of the starship, and looks onward the first U.S military and research base built of the planet. When word came that the natives of the planet exhibited sorcery, the U.S decided to send self replicating nanomachines to go and construct a base.

Once a landing zone was secured, security and reconnaissance drones landed and protected the area while the nanobots were busy constructing the base. Resources and materials were send to the nanobots from space by mining the asteroid belt of the Ardon system. These are sent so as the nanomachines won't attract the attention of the locals.

The base currently has 4 key buildings. The vertical farm, the military command center and the research lab. The vertical farm, built from a strong steel frame, stood tall with green popping out. The walls painted ice white, combining two beautiful colors to make one magnificent building. It produced large quantities of vegetables, fruits, spices, and even fish and meat. These are then send off to the kitchens to be made into meals for the people living in the base.

The military command center is where all operations will be planned at. It was much smaller than the vertical farm. The fossil gray wall with the repetitive glass windows gave a building a soul crashing look to it. It also holds the drone operator room, in which the people supervised the drones that was protecting the base.

The research lab rectangular in shape, had ice white walls like the vertical farm. It was the area of 2 football fields and had a height of a 7 story building. Inside, it had the most cutting edge technological tools that scientists could ever work with, including the ability to map out the brain of any creature, cloning perfect copies of the animals, and even the ability to transfer information to the brains. 

There were other notable structures placed as well. Such as the multiple glass buildings, that housed all 6,500 inhabitants of the base. There is the air strip where the military store and launch aircraft that could easily move anything across the planet . The warehouse was used to store the ammo and weapons the operatives used.

Worker drones started moving a large quantities of guns, vehicles and other pieces pf equipment to their designated place. The 650 crew in cryosleep were woken up to move into their rooms until further notice. They have just landed, and now needed to prepare before they first conduct their operation. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a bright beautiful morning. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the farmers harvesting their fruits of their labor, with large fields of shinning yellow paddy, waiting to be collected. However, in this bright and blissful day, there is always one grumpy and stubborn enough to refuse the happiness lay in front. 

Tiana looked onward the waterfall where she first casted her magic. Despite her accomplishment, her parents have rejected the idea of going to the magical academy, not because they didn't want her to go, but because they couldn't afford to. She would have to help work in the fields until she gets married off to some other family for her to give birth to more children.

She picked up a rock next to her, and threw it as fast as she could. The rock bounced across the river before it sand. Light footsteps came behind her. She looked around. What stood there was a fair boy with syrup brown hair carrying sparkling golden yellow eyes wearing a syrup brown tunic and two short lapis blue leggings. 

"Hey Sam."

Sam sits on the grass next to her. 

"Hey Tiana, why do you look so sad?" he asked with a voice of curiosity. 

With a glum expression on her face, Tiana replied.

"I can't go to the magical academy. We are short on money."