Chapter 3: An Angel's Limit (OUTDATED)

I woke up lying on the ground in a strange, yet similar place. The sky was blue. The grass was green. There were plants and animals around me. Yet all felt twisted and alien to me. The sky was more lighter and the grass a bit darker. The trees, looked similar from afar, but alien up close, kind of like a close devient of the original. Same with the animals.

I walked around the realm for anybody else other than me. I went far and wide, turning over every stone, looking behind ever bush, and only to find nobody else was there. I was confused. Why? Why was I left alone. I tried searching my fragile memory. I went deeper and deeper to only to find gaps of memory and return only with the realization that I was stranded alone on a godless planet, far away from home, unable to return.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The newly deployed RVER-15s roamed around the globe. Similar to the SE-24, carrying all the functions and abilities, however it was a bit larger, about 15%. It's camera was smaller and was positioned more at the top on another spherical ball. Under the camera is compartment box that is used to store 50KG of extra weight. On it's sides are 2 arms with 3 fingered claws to pick up anything. It also is given containers to place the samples collected. Once a day is coming to an end, the drones must deposit their findings to the mothership.

RVER-15 (#003) has been given the instruction to find and collect materials of the planet. With only 13 hours to ascend to the mothership, it searched multiple ideal locations to collect them. Luckily, it found one. A large done made out of anchor gray stone bricks that protected a cave of sorts. The entrance was under the arch detailing coins and jewels but also skulls and bones. Using sonar, the drone calculated that the cave was vast and long, perfect to find exclusive samples. 

It heads into the dark cave. The drone uses night vision, seeing the gloomy grotesque creatures. Some were eyes with wings, some were made of bones of the innocent victims who were unlucky enough to encounter it. There was one in particular, one with lots of fur, it was somehow looking at the drone. It got closer and closer, sniffing the shell with it's black dog nose then retracted suddenly. Howling and screaming, it ran with the others. They seem to be scared. The ones with the legs ran, while the one with wings flew. The drone continues it search.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was relaxing at the cafeteria, waiting for Melvin and John Hamilton to arrive. Anna Williams, Carl Johnson and William Grant were all engaging in a conversation with each other, while Robert Rockefeller and Mike Florence were both competing in a video game on their mobile phone. 

The door to the cafeteria slide open. Both Melvin and John entered the room. Melvin took a seat on his chair. John brought everybody's attention to him. "With Day 0 coming to a conclusion, I would want you all to report your activities for today, and for Melvin, I want you to repeat the discoveries you have made by the end."

Anna went first. "I have recalibrated and setup all necessary systems and equipment and can begin experimenting with the samples that will be delivered to the ship." The rest said the "Same". It was usual for not much to happen on Day 0. John turned to Melvin. "Any discoveries Melvin?"

Melvin stayed silent. He appeared to be in a state of thought. John interrupted.

"Melvin?" he asked again, while touching his shoulders. This caught his attention. 

"Yes?"

"What have you discovered?"

Melvin gave a sign. "A lot. It is actually better if I showed you all. No pausing."