Year 3.6*

Revised: March 10, 2022

Enjoy yet another revision from Year 3!

——————————

(When I say "Enjoy!" I feel like I'm presenting you some food I made... I don't know why)

The lighthearted atmosphere couldn't last, unfortunately. Whether it was because he thought it would be symbolic given the day, Sirius Black attempted to break into the Gryffindor Tower. He didn't succeed, but he left the Fat Lady terrified and all students slept in the Great Hall that night.

Over the course of the next few days, Sirius Black was the only topic of discussion.

"Why do you think he targeted Gryffindor? Potter's in Ravenclaw."

"Well, he is a Potter. Black probably expects that he's a Gryffindor."

"He's a complete lunatic."

"He's a Black. What do you expect?"

None of that, though, really bothered Harry. Not like the way teachers kept a closer eye on him did. They'd find excuses to walk alongside him in the corridors, and even Percy tailed him, probably at his mother's behest.

"I supposed you're lucky," he told Harry, "that you weren't Sorted into Gryffindor. Though if Black is as smart as they say he is, he won't have any trouble breaking into the Ravenclaw common room."

Harry grunted in response. For the time being, there were no riddles to answer at the door. All the Ravenclaws had to do was tap the eagle knocker with their wand, say their name, and it would scan them before allowing entry. He didn't understand why they didn't do that to begin with.

He jumped as footsteps trudged toward them, but it was only the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

"Professor McGonagall's okay with this?" asked Percy.

"More than okay," said Oliver Wood. "She knows we have to win. We have to! Slytherin will never let us hear the end of it. And don't say you don't agree, Percy, because I know you do!"

There was a slightly maniacal gleam in his eyes that made Harry take an unobtrusive step behind Percy, who just sighed. Evidently, he was very used to Oliver's energy. "Just be careful." He was looking at the twins as he said this.

"We will, Perce." George clapped him on the shoulder.

"Slytherin isn't playing this match," Harry spoke up.

"What?" Oliver whirled around to face him. "How'd you know?"

"Draco told me. Because of the weather." Or at least that was what they claimed.

Oliver swore. "Well, no point in standing around. Come on!"

He set off at a brisk pace, and the rest of the team had no choice but to follow.

"See you later, Harry!" Fred called over his shoulder.

Angelina, Alicia, and Katie exchanged glances and giggled.

"What?" Fred's ears felt hot. "I was just saying bye."

"We know." Angelina winked at him.

George was smiling way too smugly for Fred's liking.

"Did you have to tell them?" he muttered.

"You're the one who told them about riding the hippogriff."

Fred groaned. It was true; he did. But he didn't know why they were making such a fuss over it. He had just been concerned about Harry's well-being and wanted to give Harry something happier to think about.