Year 5.15

Hey, a real chapter this time. I'll keep the note up for a while though.

Harry kept his head lowered as Sirius spoke with Snape. Neither of them sounded angry, but that just made it all the more worse. He knew it had been a stupid idea to leave the school. Of course, it was. But Sirius nearly died.

So did George, whispered a small voice in the back of his head.

Shut up, he told himself.

And Moony could've gone the same way. Or worse.

Shut up!

"Harry?"

That wasn't a voice in his head. Harry looked up to see the adults had finished talking and were now standing over him.

"Snape just told me you Stunned him and left to get your friends, is that correct?" Sirius said, his arms crossed.

Harry nodded. "Yes."

"And then you dragged said friends knowingly into danger," Sirius added.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I thought Bellatrix was going to kill you," Harry whispered. "I couldn't let that happen."

"The Order was going to take care of it."

"Did a pretty shitty job," Harry muttered.

Sirius paused. "Excuse me?"

"You almost died."

"And your friends could have, too."

Harry flinched but barreled on. "The visions didn't stop right then. I thought you'd been overwhelmed by the Death Eaters. You were still being tortured, Remus was bleeding out, and I had no way of knowing whether they were real or not this time!"

Sirius sighed, running a hand over his face. He couldn't stay angry at him for long. "What's done is done. Remus and I will handle your punishment when we get home."

Harry nodded. He deserved it.

"Will George be okay?" he asked. He and Remus were in the hospital wing getting treated.

"It'll be a while before he gets out of the hospital wing, but yes. He'll live." Sirius could see Harry's mind was preoccupied with something else. "Harry?"

"What I don't understand," Harry began, "is why that orb was so important in the first place."

He lifted his head in time to see something flash in Snape's eyes. Something heavy settled in Harry's stomach. "What is it?"

"There was a prophecy," Snape admitted. "The Dark Lord heard it and went after you."

"How did he learn of it?"

Snape closed his eyes. "I told him."

Harry stared. "You told him?!"

Snape flinched.

"And what did the prophecy say?" Harry had stood up and was now stalking closer.

"I only heard part of it," Snape admitted, taking an unconscious step back. "I do not know the entire thing."

"Well, what part did you hear?" Harry demanded.

"Harry," said Sirius warningly, but Harry took no notice.

Snape swallowed. "'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies...'"