Offer

~BOMBAY POV~

I was walking by the pond when I saw a small light brown haired girl skating around. I watched as she did tricks and spins, landing gracefully each time. She then started to do sprints, going faster each time she started again. She then grabbed a hockey stick from the snow and a puck. There was a small trash can as the goal. 

She slid the puck back and forth in front of her, adding her figure skating moves. She did a spin, before shooting the puck.

"Goal!"

"Whoa you're good." I said, coming out of my hiding spot.

She jumped and whipped around.

"You're Natalia right?"

She nodded and skated over.

"Well I'm--"

"Gordon Bombay." She interrupted. "I know, you coach my brother Charlie and my best friend Guy."

I nodded.

"Have you ever played hockey?" I asked her.

"Well, not an actual game. Just more of messing around by myself." She shrugged. "Guy's been trying to get me to play with them for years."

"Well do you? Do you wanna play with the Ducks? You know everyone, and we have a new recruit as well. Do you know Fulton Reed?"

"Yeah I know him. Heard he got a football scholarship or something."

I shook my head with a smile.

"Well, that was more or less true. So what do you say?" I asked her. "You wanna play?"

She set down her hockey stick, thinking.