nineteen

Finifugal

(adj.) Afraid of finishing anything

☆☆☆☆

The hug was surprisingly tender and warm

Her sobs had slowly melted and her shoulders had stopped shaking. She was still in my arms and I just wanted to stay there forever. 

"Are you better now?" I whispered in her ear. I could see her nodding so I reluctantly pulled out of the hug. 

Her makeup was completely ruined now. Her mascara was running, face had become sticky and to be fair it needed to be cleaned up. 

I grabbed my bag from the rack and opened the front pocket to get my makeup bag.

"Come here." I pulled her between my legs and got makeup wipes out of the bag. Gently holding her face in my hands, I wiped her face. Her eyes were closed and I was happy she trusted me. 

Our faces were so close that I wanted to jump off this counter and-

"Thank you." she abruptly said, her voice still hoarse with all the crying. 

"You don't have to thank me." I removed my hands from her face and hopped off of the counter. 

Sporting a wide grin, I turned towards her and extended my hand expecting a shake, "By the way, I am Astrea." 

"I guess we got off the wrong foot. I am Emma." She smiled, shaking my hand. I guess something is wrong with me. I feel like being stuck by electricity. 

Nah, of course not that extreme. But, if you know you know. 

"Astrea, I expect that you keep today's events to yourself." she said, but her words held a warning. 

"Of course." I reassured her.

"I saw you with the Ferrari's today. If I am not wrong, you are the lost sister, right?" she questioned.

"Yeah." I carefully replied and wondered how she knew.

As if she knew what I was thinking, she continued, "They are practically worshipped here. Everyone knows about their lost sister and you even look a little like the twins. I just hope you aren't like them." 

I chuckled lightly and shook my head, "Don't you worry about that." 

"Um, why were you crying?" I continued, placing my stuff back in my bag as to clear off the awkwardness after my said question.

Well, I am nosy. Hehe. 

How would I gossip with Pavel then? I need to get my facts straight, right?

"Well, my boyfriend of two weeks broke up with me today after we had sex last night. Said he only wanted me in bed. I am always up for some adventures but had he told me before what he wanted from me, I wouldn't have minded. But, he went on to humiliate me with his friends about how I am a whore who can't keep away from anything with a dick. Just because we were dating, I didn't say anything but when he broke up with me, he tried to go on about my family and you know what I did." she showed me her hand which was red. Girl power bitches!