10

I swallowed a lump in my throat as I looked directly at him, processing what he had said.

A wide grin appeared across his lips, "Cat got your tongue, or do I?" he took a few steps towards me, making me step back until my legs pressed against the side of the bed. Shit.

He edged towards me more until he stood right in front of me, his tall figure looming over my body as he dropped his head down slightly, burning his eyes through mine.

My body froze as we held eye contact for a few seconds until he cleared his throat and stepped back, making distance between us as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in my lungs.

"I need to get back to my house." I stood up straight a few inches away from him as he arched a brow at me.

"And?" I looked at him weirdly.

"And, my father probably misses me plus I have plenty of missions to do."

He slowly nodded and shoved his hands in his sweatpants pockets. "Then work for me. You can visit your father whenever you want."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. What the fuck?

"What! I have a life at my house I can't just move here and not say anything and just expect me to visit my father at anytime after not being at home!"

He shrugged his shoulders as he took out his hands, crossing his arms over his chest as his arm muscles poked out as his shirt rose barely over his waist.

My eyes wandered over his biceps and shoulders for a second before I snapped my eyes back to his as that made his grin grow a little wider. "Why not? You know you want to work for me. There's a lot of other women here you could communicate with and it'd be a good money flow from barely doing anything here than what your doing."

My jaw tensed, he was right about the women and money, but he was still my enemy in work.

"Fine. Do I get my own room?"

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, pushing some of it back out his face. "It could be organized, yes."

I smiled and nodded. "Great, lets go."

He looked at me confused. "Go where?"

"My house, duh. We need to get my stuff and I don't have my phone so how else am I gonna tell my dad?"

He nodded and a look of relief flashed across his eyes but quickly hid it from his face. Dipshit.

***

We had gotten most of my clothes and belongings from my room, my father wasn't home when we had arrived so I had decided to leave him a voicemail and hopefully he'd respond later.

I was shoving the rest of my clothes in a large gray dresser with metal handles for the drawers while Colby was sitting on the empty unmade bed, watching me.

I closed the drawer and picked my empty suitcase up, tossing it in a corner somewhere as I looked at Colby, huffing.

"Finally, you got done." I rolled my eyes at him as I sighed and threw my body on the bed beside him.

"Do you need some sheets and stuff for the bed?"

I nodded while I bit down on my lip, remembering I forgot to bring my sheets and blankets.

He looked down at my lip as he stood up and walked out of the room.

I stood up and opened one of the drawers in the dresser, rummaging through the clothes as I picked up a random purple hoodie and a pair of black sweatpants. I closed the drawer back as I opened the connecting bathroom door and closed it behind me.

I locked the door as I stripped off my clothes and changing into the ones I grabbed. I decided to just leave the clothes on the floor as I unlocked the door and walked out of it.

Colby had returned with bed sheets and such in his hands. He had silk red sheets and these velvet black blankets along with silk red pillowcases. I grabbed the bed sheet out of his hands and walked to the other side of the bed, slightly bending down and wrapping the bed sheet around one of the corners.

On the other side, Colby lightly cleared his throat then began doing the same I was doing on the other corner.

We soon finished making the bed with the blankets on and such, I'll remove all the boring details.

My phone dinged as I walked over to the dresser, grabbing my phone off the top of it as I noticed my dad texted me.

My hands slightly shook as I tapped on the notification, unlocking it. I read through his message again and again. "It's fine if your staying somewhere just make sure to check in for work and make sure to get Colby for the details." Did he not care? I shook my head and turned my phone off, not wanting to reply.

I put my phone back on the dresser as I threw my body down on the middle of the bed. "When do I start my first job?"

He shook his head, chuckling. "We need to train you first and we also need to introduce you to the other members."

I nodded slowly as I waved my hand towards the door of the room. He looked at me confused. "What?"

I groaned and laid my face down against the blanket. "I kinda wanna sleep but I also want to smoke."

He chuckled again as he sat down next to me, "How about smoke then sleep?"

I looked up at him and nodded. "Good idea, but where am I gonna get the weed?"

"I think one of my members have a dealer you could use."

I grinned and crossed my arms over my chest, "Or I could just steal a package from one of your drug shipping trucks."

He stuck his tongue in his cheek and glared at me. "Not even a chance."

I smirked. "We'll see."