20

Is that... My brother!? He saw me and his smile dropped. He is my target?

I haven't seen him in years. Father told me he died because of a different mafia the same as my mother. I squinted my eyes on him getting a better look of his face.

That small red X, all to familiar brang those heart wrecking memories back when I noticed it on his face. He joined the same fucking mafia that killed our mother and supposedly him?

I quickly stood off the bar stool and ran out of the club, pushing past the crowd and loud music as I felt my heart pounding inside of my chest.

I had so many questions running through my head. How is he alive? What is he doing with that mafia? Is my mother alive?

I stopped by the side of our car, leaning over the side of it with my hand on my chest as I tried to ease the arising panic attack. I felt my face go in a cold sweat and my hands shook against me.

I was stopped out of my thoughts with a deep familiar voice behind me. I turned around and saw him.

"Sis? Is that you..?" He asked with panic running through his eyes. I stood up straight and purposefully calmed my breathing as I swept the knife under my wreath, holding it out towards him.

"I thought you were dead. Father said." My own voice shook as my words choked out. He started slowly stepping to me.

"I can explain this all, just put the knife down sis. I'll tell you everything." He softly said as I scoffed at him.

"What about Ma? Is she alive too?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer to my question.

"Yes. She's alive too, she's at our house." My eyes widened and my knife quickly dropped. His words repeated in my head like a broken record. My heart released from that pain and slowly started to calm down.

"What happened? Father said you and Ma died. They killed you both." I asked him sharply as he nodded slowly.

"He lied. I got offered a deal with that mafia, something way more high up than Father's. Me and Ma decided to take it and Father wanted us dead. He told you that we died so that you wouldn't try to find us." He spoke harshly towards my father and my heart sunk.

I immediately dropped my knife and hugged my brother tightly. I looked up at him, "Can I see Ma?" I asked and he hugged me back tighter and nodded.

"I'll take you to her and we can talk." I smiled widely and nodded as we let go from the hug and he lead me to his car it was a black Mercedes with tinted windows. It was nice as hell.

I got into the passenger seat as he started driving I grabbed his phone that he put on the console, playing music loudly in the car. I started playing Shake that by Eminem.

He turned over to me, while pulling out of the club parking lot smirking at my song choice.

"What?" I lightly chuckled at him and he shook his head. "Just like knowing, you stayed the same." He replied under his breath, but I still heard it.

I started slowly moving my head side to side as he did the same with me, listening to the music. I had gotten so distracted, I barely realized we started pulling up this long driveway beyond a gate opening.

We drove down the driveway to reveal this huge beautiful house, my mouth slowly opened as I admired the build structures.

"This... Is where you live?" I said, shocked with my mouth still open and he laughed while nodding his head.

He turned the car off once we parked and stepped out the car, grabbing his keys. I stepped out of the car as well, making my way to the front door to the house.