21

I slowly opened my eyes, welcoming them to the bright sun shining through the windows in the living room.

All the memories from last night returned to me. I found my brother and my mother. I still couldn't believe it wasn't a dream.

My mom was laying down on the other couch as we were both huddled under blankets. I reached my phone out of my bra and saw hundreds of missed calls from my father.

I heavily sighed before I clicked on my contacts, dialing his number. I held my phone to my ear as I immediately heard his loud voice.

"Where the hell have you been? Didn't I tell you to not go on that mission, little girl!?!" He screamed through my phone.

I rubbed my eyes, "I can do what I want. And I'm glad I did other wise I wouldn't have known you were lying to me about Sammy." I lightly said back, trying to not wake up mama as he went cold quiet.

"What the hell do you think you're talking about..?" His voice sounded lower and angrier.

"I'm talking about Sammy and Mama. You said they were dead but yet you just wanted me there because everyone else left you like the piece of shit you are, father."

I instantly heard a click on my phone as the call hung up I slammed the phone down on the table as my mother slightly jolted up from the couch.

"Sorry, Ma. I didn't mean to wake you up." I said as I sighed and looked over at her.

She smiled softly and sat beside me, putting her hand on my knee softly. "What's wrong, lovely?"

I looked at her and softly sighed. "It's just father... He's angry at me and I told him that I know about you and Sammy."

She nodded softly at me and picked her hand up, running it through my hair. "Well, you know him. He'll try everything to keep you to him. But.. You do understand why we left, don't you?"

I rested my hands on my lap, picking at my nails as I shook my head. "I mean I do, but I don't understand why I couldn't go along with you. I didn't want to be there with him." I said as my eyes began filling with tears, blurring my vision.

She squeezed my hand gently and kissed the side of my head. "We didn't want you around this violence. When we first left, it was rough for us. We had to prove our loyalty to this mafia and kill some of your dad's men. We didn't like it, but we did it for your safety so that you didn't have to do the same."

I held her hand in mine and nodded my head. "I know, Ma. But I'm ready now. I want to be here with you and Sam. No matter what it takes."

She smiled at my words brightly. "I'll talk to Sam about it once he's up." I gently smiled back.

My phone dinged as it lit up with a message from Colby. My mom quickly picked up my phone and raised her eye brows with a slight smirk.

"Who is this lover boy?" She grinned at me as I rolled my eyes with my cheeks feeling slightly burned.

"He's nobody, mama. Just this guy I was supposed to kill but now it's just complicated.." I said nervously while rubbing the back of my neck.

She lightly nudged my shoulder playfully.

Colby's POV:

After that morning with my men shooting at Emery, I haven't seen her since then. My men kept telling me that her father was trying to track her down.

I texted her asking where she was, but she never responded. I couldn't help but feel.. Worried? I shook the feeling off of me and deleted the message from my phone.

I can't be getting close to her. I blocked her number from my phone and deleted her contact and set my phone down on my bed.

After I did that I immediately got a phone call from an unknown number.

I picked it up and put the phone to my ear, I heard a low voice running through my head.

"Where is my daughter, you low life fucker?" Emerys dad yelled through my phone.

"How should I know?" I responded back.

"I know you have her. And I want her back, now."

I lightly growled under my breath. "Why would I have her? I'm surprised she's just now run away from you."

He hung up the call and I slammed my phone down, I heard yelling downstairs as I quickly ran down to the main floor.

My men were fighting other men there was blood on the walls and the floor. I shouted at everyone to stop as one of them ran to me, tackling me on the floor as they hit me on my head, making my vision slowly go black.

◦•●◉✿ 𝐴𝑛 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟✿◉●•◦

I slowly opened my eyes as my head was pounding. I was in the middle of a dark room, tied up to a chair on my arms and legs tightly.

I heard a heavy door open and a bright light shining in the room, I slightly winced as the light made my head hurt more.

"Ah, you finally woke up I see." Emerys dad spoke from in front of the door. He closed the door back behind him as he switched on a light, emitting a slight him from it.

He grabbed a knife from a metal tray beside the chair I sat in and pushed it to my cheek. "Where. Is. My. Daughter." He intently asked, pushing the knife further as it dared to make a cut.

I spit at him as it landed in front of his feet. "I don't fucking know." I said as my tone got angrier.

He growled and slashed the knife across my cheek, making blood pour down my face.

"I'm gonna ask you again, Where is she!?" He shouted at my face as he held the knife to my other cheek.

I tugged at the ropes around my wrist. "I don't know, you fat fuck!" He slashed my other cheek, deeper and shoved the knife in my leg.

I groaned in pain as I desperately moved my leg around to get it out of my skin.

"Where.. Is she?"