Chapter 31

Adria
I sit outside the door with my legs crossed. I am plainly in view and not about to hide.
The door slams open in a hurry and Draco tumbles out but stops abruptly when he sees me.
"Oh." Is all he can say.
"Oh." I repeat.
"Listen," his words are as rushed as his exit from Snape's room, "I don't want-"
I stop him with a sharp breath. "It's okay."
"What?" Draco looks completely taken aback, I don't blame him.
"I get it. It is not a choice. However, I do have a choice." I unfold my legs slowly. How do I explain this well enough?
"No, you don't. This is dangerous, deadly. I am not going to let you just waltz in and get yourself killed." He sits beside me but is still clearly a head taller. His eyebrows are knitted together so harshly they create a crease.
"I know."
"If you know why the hell would you be here?"
"There's always a loophole. There's a way somehow, if we just have time-" I start.
"There's not! I've tried everything. It's not that simple." Draco sighs for a long time before continuing. "I can appreciate your undying optimism any other day, but this just can't be changed. I need you to understand that."
"I understand you've been alone on this." I push on. "Maybe two heads are better than one. I'm sure he's got something over you, right? " he looks down. "We just have to try."
He stares blankly at the wall. "I have to prove my worth, Adria."
I understand that, I think to myself. But I need a way for him to do so without splattering the dark blood of the innocent across screaming passerby. I need a way to keep his from hitting the ground with his families soon to follow. And unfortunately, I have no idea how to.
"We move forward." My words reverberate against the walls. "We live."

Callum
"What are those?" I point a finger, which is tough to do because I'm stuffing my face, at a pennant. It looks a Slytherin grandma's favorite badge. The twisted snake body looks like the metal moves and twists like it's slithering.
Finn shrugs.
"Literally half the school has one all of a sudden. Can I get one?"
"I don't care." Finn stabs a vegetable with force. I'm currently done with his attitude.
"Oi." I use my elbow to nudge the short boy next to me. A piece of hair from his nappy mess of a head refuses to sit down. "Where'd ya get that?"
He reaches down and touches the pennant. He then looks back at me and scrunches up his cloak like I can't see it.
I swallow my food. "I said," slowly and deliberately I start to talk like he's a child, "where did you get that?"
"Oh, buzz off." His voice is a squeak like a house elf.
"Excuse me? I'm asking about a damn badge! How come you've got one but none of the Slytherins? Are they not the snakes here?" I push off from the table.
"Hey!" Finn grabs my arm and I push his hand off. "Like you said, it's a dumb badge."
But my eyes never leave the metal snake as it glimmers from uniform to uniform.

Alison
"Professor?" I knock on the door harder. "Hey, professor!"
God dammit! I need about six more potion ingredients for my school work and the professor isn't even in his office.
I sigh and push my hair out of my face with the back of my hand. As my hand is dropping to my side I'm pushed against the wall and my breath leaves my body with a fwooosh.
I make a tiny noise as I look at my attacker. Draco Malfoy currently has one forearm pinning me to the wall with ease. His eyes are filled with rage.
"As a Ravenclaw you don't strike me as smart."
"Excuse me?" I grunt and push at him but his anger filled body hits back harder.
"The potion, I know." His lips from a snarl. "Squirming into Slytherin thinking you're important? Run back to Ravenclaw tower before you're cursed."
I try to hold back a laugh but a snort escapes my lips. He steps back and raises an eyebrow.
"It's Frenzen! You damn fool!" I laugh again. "If we have her on our side we are promised ranks, Draco! Befuddlement potion guarantees success."
His light as almost turn black, his already livid posture turns terrifying. I smell burning as I take a look down at Draco's drawn wand. The tip is smoking and sparking rapidly.
"Pick your battles wisely, Alison." Draco spits my name like a curse. "But this won't be one of them."

A/N: if you remember the badges they're "get rid of Adria squad" pennants!