Chapter 16

Draco

I am not keen on having a detention with McGonagall so I make my way down to the Slytherin common room. Thank god Pansy isn't around. I am tired of her pouty faces she makes when she pretends to understand if I am angry.

No one in this bloody place understands. My whole body seems to be decomposing with pressure, but from the outside it looks well built and lean. No one here has to worry about Lord Voldemort like I have to. No one has to worry about if they will come home to the bloody bodies of their family. So why should I? I should be the farthest choice. I should be living up to my name- the Slytherin Prince.

At first I was sincerely satisfied, I was chosen by the Dark Lord himself. I wanted to gloat in front of the rest of the Slytherin group when school was rolling around. But I didn't realize how difficult it would actually be. I am in my sixth year, and although I am full of malice, it takes time to do my task. Especially with my father hounding me. He just makes everything worse. It's almost comical how my view of him has changed so quickly. I could lose everything, including this bloody place.

I can feel my eyebrows knot together in irritation as a group of students roll around the corner. When one of the girls spotted me she almost trots over towards the green couch I am on. I am tempted to push Pansy right back off but I made do by balling my fists.

"Out trailing the nosy Gryffindor?" Pansy reclines backwards as the rest of the gang sits back.

I lazily twirl my silver ring with the green Slytherin snake to show I am uninterested in the conversation. "That's what I said I was doing." The only time I am not bombarded with them mooning over the dark lord is when I am keeping tabs on the girl. I don't even see the point, she is completely harmless. All she does is skip around with her nose in the air, a typical Gryffindor if you ask me. A part of me has to admit she was more interesting than most. Something told me she would be a fine Slytherin with that fire of hers. Behind her little goody two shoes image that is.

"Oh." Pansy says dumbly.

I don't even bother to respond at this point. I look around in disgust. I am tired of these people, of everything. From lack of sleep my school work just piles up. I don't even care for anything, and I especially don't need this group to keep staring at me.

"Don't you have something to do?" I snap. Pansy jumps up and pretends like she forgot something. Crabbe and Goyle aimlessly follow her. Blaise, however, puts his feet on the dark wood colored coffee table. I raise an eyebrow. Unlike the rest of the group he doesn't seem to realize I want to be alone.

"Something quite funny happened a few minutes ago." Blaise says simply. "Longbottom was running around and whimpering. Very entertaining." Blaise looks up at the arched ceiling. "Mumbling something over and over. Aria? No, that's not it... Adria." He smiles wickedly. Out of the rest of the group he seems the most vile. Normally Blaise didn't befriend or trust anyone. He especially despises foul blood. But something in his story catches my attention.

"The Gryffindor?" It's not usual that someone could keep my attention.

Blaise nods. "Other than the little show Longbottom out on, she's no threat. She's a waste of our time. I say we call off the whole interrogation."

I nod back. But I am still intrigued. How come this girl just burst into everything? Frenzen even made Longbottom have a breakdown. The reason for the boys nonsense I don't really care about. I just want a distraction. I smile as I make my final decision.

**

Neville

I had ripped my trousers. I could slap myself for letting this happen. Luckily, classes are over. Unfortunately, the rip is very wide. I sat in the corner of the courtyard. I point my wand at my trousers and with a futile effort I make a jabbing movement. For a while nothing happens, until the rip grows wider. I groan. How can I be so useless? I look up for a second, hoping to remember some sort of mending spell. None comes to mind. But I do happen to see a girl streaming across the courtyard. Her strides are sloppy but she moves fast. Her feet seem to barely hit the ground.

A few second years look up from their game of wizards chess. They look at each other. A red haired boy shrugs but another giggles at the sobbing girl. I stand up and then quickly wrap my cloak around me. I have to awkwardly wrap myself as I watch Adria Frenzen dash through an archway. She is a pretty girl, and quite smart too. I wish to be friends with her. Like me she didn't have a lot of friends, but she always seems very happy. Well, except now that is.

"Adria!" I try to wave while covering myself up. The girl refuses to stop.

I follow her in a waddling run sort of fashion. I can hear her labored breathing quite clearly. I poke my head around the corner.

Maybe I should do something? Surely she needs help. I a, about to stride over as confidently as I could muster before I chicken out. I try to gather my courage again.

Come on Neville! I chant to myself in my head. You're a great friend, even Harry Potter thinks so! I think to myself.

But before I can walk over I hear her slide down the wall. I peek over again. She is mumbling something. It almost sounds like she is trying to solve some sort of equation. Adria's eyes are squinted in disbelief.

And then she whispers something so faintly into the empty hall that I can barely catch her words. Something that I have to strain myself to hear. But when I hear it the whole situation changes.

A/N : sorry it's super short! I've been busy and I didn't want to ignore you guys! Anyways, keep up all your hard work! :) Thank you!