Chapter 2

Adria

A sharp tapping noise fills my ears. I swear to god if that didn't stop I will hex someone. I dip my quill quickly into the ink and proceed to write my lesson. The tapping stops and I start to get very relieved.

But then my stool started the jiggle.

"Are you serious." I whisper murderously.

Callum turns around. His sharp jaw grazes his sweater. I see his grey eyes narrow. "Christ." He murmurs. I know what that means. My chair starts to shake with more power. My quill starts to dig into my paper so deeply it tears.

I whip around. "Really? Are you serious?" I whisper harshly.

Bright brown eyes greet mine in a wicked smile. "Didn't mean to bother you Frenzen."

The girl wears her hair up in a sloppy brown pony tail and her strong jaw is set in a grim smile.

"Thought you could be more creative to get under my skin, Pansy." I snarl.

She shrugs casually, which happens to infuriate me more but I keep my composition.

A spindly hand encases my shoulder.

"Ms. Frenzen? Ms. Parkinson? I would enjoy your full attention." Professor McGonagoll says crossing her arms.

"Sorry Professor." I say quietly.

When she walks away I let out a quiet sigh. "Wow Pansy, your attempt to get us in trouble is as pathetic as your name." Callum sticks up for me and I'm grateful.

Pansy raises an eyebrow. "The point is I get under your skin." She leans back showing she's done with us.

***

"I wanted to explode that stool from under her." I say to Callum. "Honestly, the nerve!"

"I wish you would have." He admits, "hot chick fight!"

I fold my arms. "Pansy isn't attractive." Immature I know.

"She does look a bit like my aunt's dog." Callum dodges a bump in the courtyard. "Speaking of animals, where's Finny?"

"No idea." I was positive he wouldn't skip the very first day. Maybe Callum, but not Finn.

"Maybe we have another bad ass in the gryffindor house." He says as he winks at a passerby.

"Oh shut it." I hit him with my books.

"We can only wish." Callum pushes open the classroom door for me and I purposefully don't say thank you just to annoy him.

"Finn?" I hurry over to a circular table. "Where were you?"

Finn averts his eyes, "Infirmary."

"Oh." I set my bag down awkwardly.

"Remind me why we take this class again?" Callum groans.

"It looks good." I remind him, "and where would I be without my midday nap?" A strong burst of incense assaults my nose. I grab it and make a face.

"Chiiiildren." A mythical lady with frizzy hair bursts through a maroon curtain. "We will now begin our fantastical journey to the future and expand our horizons with the gods."

"You know," Finn mumbles, "I'd like to talk to who's idea it was to extend this class to sixth years." I glance over at him, the faint light casts a nice white area over his high cheek bones. He turns and looks at me with a shrug.

"Since," the professor continues, "this is our very beginning and I've decided we shall take a quick look into this school year yes?" She gestures to the crystal balls set on each table. "Each take your turn, it's a very difficult yet rewarding task and should set the spiritual bar for this year."

Professor Trelawney closes a heavy curtain and let us get on with the exercise. Finn was closest to the crystal ball so he pulls it closer.

"Should I close my eyes or something?" He asks.

The professor pops up behind him, bringing the sharp smell of incense back. "How can you see then? And Mr. Miller," she glares at Callum, "hexing the ball to show images won't fool me."

"I haven't even done it yet!" Callum protests.

"I can't get anything!" Finn admits. He passes me the ball. "Here."

I concentrate on the swirling mists. It would be pretty cool if I actually saw something. The fog danced in an animated fashion. I hear a jingle of bells and professor Trelawney remakes her way back over.

"Why darling!" She shouts with glee. But I couldn't bring myself to look at her, I was entranced. A thick hazy fog clogged my mind and I lost my perephical vision.

"I...I...I..."I stutter before falling backwards. I can hear the distant calls of the professor screaming about a seer and prophecies but all was lost to me as I lost all my senses.