Chapter 27

Draco

"Don't worry. Just a minor case." Madam Pomfrey gives Adria a glass of a puke green liquid.

Adria squeezes her nose. Madam Pomfrey sighs, "I wonder how they were able to make this potion. It's banned. But, I am not really surprised."

I nod, watching the liquid making gurgling noises as Adria moves it around.

"After she drinks this she will be asleep for a few hours. Then she will wake and remember few details." Madam Pomfrey explains.

"Is there some way to tell who gave it to her?" I don't say it as a question, more as a demand. "I want to know when this happened."

"Not at all. My guess is it has been a few days, but whoever gave it to her- you can never tell." She shrugs helplessly. "Finding out may be a lost cause. But she will wake in a little while and will probably be very embarrassed. So, Mr. Malfoy if you would..."

I get it. "I'll leave." I nod. As soon as I exit the wide double doors a list forms in my head. Who could be interfering with my plan? I need Adria, I need her to protect my family.

Could it be her gangly friend? He has seemed pretty angry lately. He doesn't seem smart enough to concoct such a plan. Her other friend? He prefers fizzling snaps to real dangerous pranks, and he does not have any animosity towards her.

That's where my list ends. If someone tries to mess up my plan with Adria, I will stop them.

I almost feel... bad for her. Everyone grasps at an opportunity to take advantage of her, to use her. I realize that I am no better. Aren't I doing the same? But I have a reason. Family is family, I have to save them. Adria, she's just a stranger. My family is blood. I can not let them die to save a girls feelings. Even if somewhere deep in stomach I almost feel bad for doing it. To betray her makes my stomach turn.

But I have to ignore those weak feelings for now, my life depends on it.

Adria

I blink slowly. I can feel the hold of sleep still on my eyes. Sleep? I don't remember falling asleep. Wide arched ceilings greet me in their glory.

Where am I?

White curtains are pulled along metal rods as dividers. I'm surrounded by two of them. I must be in the hospital wing.

The hospital wing.

"You're awake!" Madam Pomfrey clasps her hands together in a resounding sound. "About time too."

"What's going on?" My heart is racing. My stomach feels cold, like I've just swallowed ice water on a warm day.

"You've been given a befuddlement potion. Quite fatal if strange ideas start popping in your head. You will start thinking crazy thoughts like using unforgivable curses. The person who gave it to you should be expelled." Madam Pomfrey makes a noise of horror.

Someone would do that to me?

"I'm one of the faculty Dumbledore told about your predicament," Madam Pomfrey admits, "you don't deserve this dearie." She places a glass of water on the plain bedside table. She looks at me for a while with a strong look of pity. I look down in embarrassment. I can only imagine what that potion had done to me. What 'brilliant' ideas my mind concocted after its took a hold of me.

I can only remember flashes of memories. Bits and pieces of a puzzle that I ultimately can not put together.

I remember holding a vial. I remember its light purple shine from the flickering lights hanging above me.

I can see two darting hands pulling at me, saving me from the hurtling ground.

But most of all, I remember a certain pair of grey eyes, and wanting the person to whom they belong.

"Not to worry." Madam Pomfrey breaks my thought. "Your emotions will calm down now."

"My emotions?" I hate that my voice shakes.

"Well, the potion does not only exemplify confusion and rebellion, but other strong emotions too."

Other strong emotions. Like my urge to grab onto Draco's hand, the want to just hold a piece of him.

I do not think my mind just made that up.

A/N: have to admit this chapter is very short. But not to worry! I wanted a filler because I may have a big plan for the next chapter or so.

Anyway, thank you all for your support and asking for updates! I appreciate every comment.