Chapter 30

Adria

"The Dark Lord won't hesitate to kill you!" Snape's words are ringing endlessly in my head.

My emotions changed in a flurry of confusion and twists. At first I was angry. Malfoy, he was with Voldemort. Voldemort wants me. Could it be that Draco was using me? But somehow I push that thought away. I remember Draco saying something along the lines of "I know what it's like to pushed into something you didn't ask for."

It makes sense. His professional clothing always prepped just over his forearm, perfect for hiding a dark mark. The light always draining from his face.

Yes, I am in an unfortunate position. Multiple witches and wizards all over the world hate me. Yet, can I use this as an advantage? I am a key to the Dark Lord, aren't I? If the 'key' is on Draco's side he then becomes useful. Then he won't be killed.

That means he will be safe.

**

Student, Jade

I flick my wand in my hand. I have always hated its light complexion and odd flexibility.

"Are you sure?" I push my light brown hair behind my ear while turning to my closest friend.

Eleanor looks at me with her green cat eyes. "Don't be stupid, Jade. He Who Must Not Be Named has been back and this girl randomly turns up? It's a plan! How else could He Who Must Not Be Named infiltrate Hogwarts?"

I swallow and nod. I look down at the pin placed on the inside of my robes. It's enchanted to move when you look at it. It has a large snake writhing about after being tapped by a wand. It' all symbolism. Hogwarts has a new secret society, and our main purpose is keeping our school safe. Our main goal is to get rid of Adria Frenzen. I have met her once before. When I tripped over the moving stairs she was the first to pick up my books. She can't be that bad, can she? But facts are facts. Hogwarts is my home and I will do anything to protect it. I have had my first kiss under the enchanted ceiling in the Great Hall, broke my arm during several classes, and made my closest friends here. Getting rid of one student has to be worth it.

Eleanor is still watching me. Since there is little light her skin seems to blend in with the night.

"You are right." I look at her. "I am ready to do this."

It won't be my fault if something bad happens. I mean half of the school is in the society, it's not just me.

A/N: Jade is not a new character! I just needed to show insight in the point of view of someone outside of the group :)
And please don't be mad my updates tend to be super short! I have big plans but I am thinking of putting more chapters in before letting it unfold.