Chapter 5

Adria

"Adria!" I hear a voice call my name on the stairs. It's Harry Potter and he's speaking to me. I clear my throat to compose myself.

"Hello." I try to sound casual. He's dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans, seems like an ordinary guy to me.

"You did really good today. It would be great to play together again." Harry says as the stairs shift. I try to not get my hopes up about getting on the team again this year.

"That would be great." I admit. "The team should be strong this year."

Harry nods. "I heard what happened." I make a face. "I mean the nightmare and passing out thing."

"I have no idea what happened."

"The point is-trust me I know what it's like." Harry points to his scar. Is he confiding in me? It's certainly a confidence boost to be talking to Harry Potter as friends like this. "And no one should ever have to go through with that."

It's my turn to share something. "All I can remember is screaming. A girls scream. And every time I wake up I have this taste like muggle pennies in my mouth." I look at Harry, trying to decipher if he cares or not. Surprisingly he does.

"Firecrabs." Harry says suddenly.

"Excuse me?"

"It's the password for the prefects bathroom. You deserve it. Just go next to Borris the Bewildered statue." Harry explains. "It's very relaxing."

I don't question Harry. It was late, and I couldn't get in that much trouble for taking a bath could I? I stop at the fifth floor and I nod at him. "Thanks a lot Harry." I'm still a little starstruck that Harry Potter just helped me.

I had heard the prefect bathroom was large but it's size still takes my breath away. There are stalls on one end and on the other a bath the size of a swimming pool. There are numerous handles. I twist the first one and purple water rushes out. With it came a strong scent of lavender. The next one I used was orange. I recognize it from someone's conversation. I think it does wonders for the skin. I decide to just use one more. The area filled up faster than it should have due to magic. I slowly take of my clothes, feeling air hit my bare skin. I carefully set my necklace on top of my shirt and next to my wand, making sure it will be safe. Without second thoughts I dive right in. My outstretched hands graze the bottom and I push off the ground to surface. I spot supplies on the other side of the pool. I sort of wish I am a prefect now, this is something I could certainly get used to. I lather my hair. The smells are heavenly and my head doesn't have a bruised feeling any longer. I mentally remind myself to thank Harry heavily. I dive back under the water and tried to stay as long as possible.

I realize how pruny I am getting and have to drag myself out of the tub. I put my shirt over my head after drying my hair with a towel. When I am clothed I pat the ground.

My necklace.

My necklace with my mum's ring is gone. I grab my wand in a panic. The water had been long drained and there was nothing in the pool. I cry out and check everywhere. My shirt and everything. It wasn't until I hear a shrieking laugh that I stop. I flame and run past the stalls towards the sinks around the corner.

Perching on a sink with her legs crossed is none other than Pansy Parkinson.

"Give it back now!" I demand, pointing my wand at her.

"You stayed underwater a long time. Impressive. Just enough time, in fact, for me to grab this beauty." The chain was hanging from her fingers.

"I'm not messing around. Give it back!" I start to shout. My eyes burn with the formation of tears.