Chapter 11

Adria

I am waiting for him to unveil my hiding place. To spit in my face and taunt me. He has to know where I am hidden. The way his restless eyes had moved over the whole room. Even in the shadows I felt them. I press my body back further, feeling the crates and equipment dig into my back.

I am not hearing the thunk of shoes, which slightly relieves my worry.

Slightly.

It wasn't until I hear a noise from the other corner of the room. A noise like something being stuck in someone's throat. Not in a real choking sort of sense. More like held back emotion, pushing through it's barriers. I bite down on my hand to keep from emitting a noise. If I wasn't in this position hiding and afraid I would do something. Try to mend everything. But it's clear from what I know. Draco isn't someone to have pity or emotion for. Yet, deep inside I do.

There is a cracking noise. I picture his fist flying towards the walls in anger. But what could make him so upset? He is always put together. Not like me. I am put together in the way where I am prepared and mature. But I blend with the crowd of faces. He always has his chin thrust forward and took long strides. Why does my restless mind always have to wander? Sometimes I curse myself for over thinking. Especially about people like him. I peek to see if he is still there. I don't see Draco at all. But I still wait a few pauses before getting up. My back aches from being pushed down.

I have to tell Callum about Alison. I am positive Finn will want to hear everything too. Everything. Although I have already made it up my mind, I am not going to tell everything.

*

"Did you find her?" Callum asks. It is dark and the glass of the windows are hugged by the night.

I wait until there is no one else in the common room. That proves to be a difficult task today. There had been many people gossiping about tomorrow's upcoming Quidditch game.

"Yes." I say, still staring out the window.

"Well?" Callum leans forward. I feel bad for making him pry information from me. This is his family.

"She was with," I take a deep breath, "Pansy and Tracey." I keep Draco's presence away from him.

Callum groans. I notice his right fist clenches itself in a tight ball.

"They wanted the paper from her. The one you mentioned, they were pretty intent on getting it too. It was like she was being initiated." I trace my finger on my knee. I can't watch Callum's reactions anymore.

"Of course they do!" Interjected Finn, "it was all powerful spells wasn't it? That would be useful to deal with people."

"That's not the bad part." I say quietly.

"What's the bad part?" Finn grabs for my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze but my stomach still churns.

"It's for preparation for Voldemort." I blurt. We all knew he was back. It is apparent to everyone. It is hard for the wizarding world to do simple tasks now without some level of fear.

"No." Callum chokes. I've never seen him have any emotion other than cheeky. I move away from Finn to wrap my arms around Callum. I squeeze him tightly and silently. A look crosses Finn's face. I know it isn't a pleasant one either. It's not like I randomly hugged Callum. His sister is in danger! I find it perfectly acceptable to comfort him.

"Do you want me to watch her again? Whenever I see her?" I ask. I have to dip my head down because Callum is bending over.

"Yes." He says weakly. I brush back his hair.

"It will be alright. I promise."

Finn gets up. "She's right Callum. Alison will be okay."

**

The crowed roars in a great chorus. I fix my straps on my uniform as a nervous twitch. Harry has to shout over the crowd.

"This is it! Slytherin and Gryffindor! To win this we need to work cohesively. There's a new seeker, but he can't be any smarter than the rest."

"A new seeker?" Katie Bell interrupts.

"Who cares. This one is probably easier than Malfoy." Ginny says. Harry's mouth twitches in a sort of appreciative smile.

Katie just nods. Harry looks around. "We are starting soon. Remember, use your smaller size in advantage. A lot of them are big brutes." Katie nudges me, her face is flushed in excitement.

There is a sharp whistle. Harry jerks his head and we make ourselves known as we strode onto the pitch. Each of us climb into the air and perform semi circle, sailing past the stands. The Slytherin side gives a loud grumble as we pass but the other sides shout happily. The excitement is making my skin prickle with adrenaline. I barely even realize the game is beginning. Katie has grabbed the quaffle on the starting throw but is stopped by a large chaser from the opposing side. He slams into her front, causing her to drop the ball into his teammates open arms.

"Ginny!" I scream. She turns as I point to the chasers right. She immediately takes his other side until we are surrounding him. I turn directly in front of him, half expecting him to run me over. He would have if I hadn't grabbed the ball and fell downwards on my broom like I am a cradling a branch. I have to try very hard to hoist myself back up with just one arm. But I had taken too much time, his friends start to box me in. I dive down and swirl, hoping to lose them. When I don't I found Katie is open and throw the ball straight towards her.

The game continues. Somehow we only have a few injured players. Our new keeper, Ron Weasley, is being very impressive. We are up by a few goals. I am distracted by an incoming Slytherin chaser making his way to Katie Bell. I dive down the try and help and missthe black streak of a bludger hurtling ever so closer to me. There is a flash of color and a loud smack. Finn grins cockily at me and winks.

The game is difficult but Harry has caught the snitch. Everyone chants for us as the other team curses foul insults. My whole body aches but is filled with excitement.

***

"I'm headed to the celebration." Ginny calls as she leaves the changing room. I had almost forgot about the celebration completely. I am actually excited for this one. It would provide as a great start to forgetting about the worries nagging at my mind.