Chapter 23

Adria

"Well," I lick my lips, "I did not think about this." I feel rather juvenile glancing at the stretched out tables of the Great Hall.

"Good thing I did. Really Frenzen," he chuckles, "how could you not?"

I'm tempted to roll my eyes. I am grateful for Draco recently, he's acted as a guardian throughout today. Too bad I can't take him into my dorm rook with me. My cheeks flame. I can't believe I just thought that. Of course I didn't mean it like that. I purely meant to guide me. Honestly, I haven't had a clue what to do today.

"Sit here." Draco points a finger to the long table decorated in silver and green.

"But-" I begin as I glance towards the Gryffindor table.

"No one there is going to accept you. And plus, you're the new Slytherin hero." Draco explains. I look over to the Gryffindor take surrounded by familiar faces. The Slytherin table is adorned with unfamiliar and cold faces.

"Can I, um, sit next to you?" I gulp.

He shrugs and makes someone move over. She looks me over smugly. I watch my old table. I can spot Seamus moving animatedly. It's a curse that he's always been a terrible whisperer.

"Me mum wanted me to come home. I got a letter today." He is indeed waving around rolled up parchment. "The only reason I get to stay is because of Dumbledore."

He's talking about me being here.

A girl with pigtails responds just as loud. "I heard The Prophet is already sending out emergency copies. It's everywhere!"

"Hey." Draco nudges my shoulder. I shake my head to release the image of my old table.

"I'm fine." I mumble, yet I am completely ignoring the call of food.

"Adria right?" A girl with bright green eyes asks.

"Yes."

"God have I heard a lot about you." I cringe but she continues talking away. "We all thought you were a blood traitor. Half of us didn't even know you! You can guess how surprised we were."

I start to zone her out. The whole table swarms around me and at one point cost both Gryffindor and Slytherin ten points. The people at the table are over welcoming and adore me just being there. This is very unlike the other three tables.

"I'm getting some air." I say suddenly. The whole group quiets because I finally spoke.

"Can I-" a boy begins.

"Alone." I rub my temples as I stand. A few of them look dejected at their sudden loss of celebrity. I'm quick to run out. I hear footsteps. Would people just leave me alone? I was not expecting a small boy with a camera dangling around his neck to be there.

"It's for you." He holds out parchment,

"Who's it from?" I ask curiously. It might be something horrid: 3/4 of Hogwarts hates me.

"Luna Lovegood. Technically at least." He says shyly.

Luna doesn't strike me as a prankster. I reach out for the paper and I notice him flinch. He's scared of me. I grab it hastily and clear my throat. I try not to show how much it bothers me.

We need to talk. Clock tower

Now

-Alison

This isn't from Luna at all. I read over the scrawled sentences again. I might as well finish my mission for helping Callum now. God knows I need to be on my houses good side.

**

Alison

Don't back out. I can't back out now. I think desperately. I wonder if she's even coming. Sure enough I see her annoyingly blonde hair poking from the staircase. Her cheeks are flushed pink from running up the winding stairs. When her light blue eyes meet mine she looks hesitant.

I made a come here motion with my hand. She trots over and I can hear her flats flop against the cool ground.

"Listen, if you've come to talk about Callum I just want to say that he really misses you. Alison, he's sort of a mess." Does Adria always have to be such a Good Samaritan?

"This isn't about him." I snap. I have to change my attitude for her to trust me. "It's about you."

"Me? But I thought that-"

"I never said anything about my family." I huff. "The point is I think you need to trust the Slytherin group."

I can see worry cross her features. "What?"

"We have something that can... Help you." I say slowly. I should have thought this out. I just need her to trust me. I can use Adria to get Pansy to let me in. This is how I can prove myself. What better way then to have Voldemort's daughter on your side?

"I want something in return." Adria says quickly. I didn't expect this from her. I'm tempted to smile.

"Anything." I say.

"Make me like you."

I smile widely. "Perfect."