Heartbreak

So slight warning! This was inspired by AniDragmire's artwork titled "Heartbreak" soooo

Please Proceed with caution. Any tears spilled, I won't be held responsible for.

Prompt: Tigress goes through...emotions

"We're getting married!" His words echoed in her mind. He was so happy and excited about the new life he was going to experience.

Tigress drowned the world around her as all her friends congratulated him. All she did was smile at him but inside she was broken hearted.

She didn't join them for a celebration dinner, with the excuse that she was going to meditate. No one questioned her excuse and let her be, leaving to the valley with smiles on their faces.

Tigress headed to the Dragon Grotto as tears evidently escaped her amber eyes. When she had learned Po and Song had begun courting, it had broken her heart and desperately tried to shove her feelings aside.

She had ignored him for weeks upon weeks, trying to not think about him or how she felt. But as one can see, nothing worked. In fact she loved him even more with each passing day. Like he had put her under a spell with no cure.

By the time she arrived at the grotto, tears streamed down from her eyes like a waterfall and she fell on her knees. She grabbed her vest as she tried not to let out a cry, her heart aching from the heartbreak.

Why hadn't she said anything sooner?

Did he ever love her?

Would it have made a difference if she had said something?

Would have they started courting instead?

Would she be the one in the altar instead?

So many questions that were now going to be left unanswered. All because she didn't take a chance at telling him.

"AAAAA" Tigress screamed in pain. She couldn't hold in her cries anymore and they echoed to the canyon below. More tears streamed down her eyes, forming a large puddle on the ground she kneeled in. "Why like this?" She cried.

All her years of training had never prepared her for a pain like this. She was supposed to be the hardcore warrior that everyone looked up to. She wasn't supposed to feel anything!

Yet here she was. Crying her eyes out to a love that she would never have. A love she was too afraid to let in and accept. Oh how she wished she could take back ever meeting him. She wouldn't be here right now.

Why did she ever let her walls down for him? Why did she let him in?

All she got was a heartbreak at the end of it. She fell in love with him and didn't act upon it, fearing how he would view her.

"Stupid panda." She cried once more. "Stupid panda! Stupid panda!" She cried over and over.

Why did she have to fall in love with him?

"Why did you do this to me?" She cried, clutching her chest. More and more tears fell and her chest tightened. She felt so weak as her eyes cried more tears. Her body began to weaken but she didn't care.

Her chest grew tighter causing physical pain inside her. Her heart began to fail from the stress of finally letting out those tears she had been holding back for years. She slowly laid on the large pool of tears she had created. She felt like she had a large boulder on her chest now, tears still falling.

"Tigress!" She could hear Po call out her name.

"Po..." Tigress whimpered as her eyes shut and her world went dark.

———————

"Tigress! Wake up!" Po shook her desperately.

Tigress's eyes shot open, startled from whatever nightmare she had just experienced.

"Po?" Tigress's voice was hoarse. She had tears streaming down her eyes.

"Tigress, is everything okay? Are you hurt? What's wrong?" Po asked desperately. His eyes full of worry and fear. Tigress looked into his jade eyes, unsure of what to tell him. Why was he in her room? Why were they sleeping in the same bed? "What's wrong, my love?" Po took her paw gently.

My love?

Did she hear him right?

She looked down at their paws, spotting the golden rings on their fingers.

"It was just a nightmare" She told him softly. Po frowned, pulling her close to him and kissing her forehead. Tigress mewed in delight as she cuddled closer to him. His fur is as comfortable and warm as ever.

"I love you." Po whispered softly the words she wanted to hear.

"I love you too." Tigress whispered softly. Po held her tighter and kissed her head softly.

Turns out, she did say something.

He does love her.

It did make a difference that she said something.

They did start courting.

And she was the one at the altar with him.

Spending the rest of her life with the one she loved.