Epilogue- Christmas

It's been three years since that Thanksgiving when Clay and I figured out our feelings for each other. Clay and I've been long-distance for a long time, and neither of us could meet each other with our vastly clashing schedules. I missed a lot of things in my friends' life; I missed Clay's twenty-first birthday; I missed Nick and Karl buying a house together; I missed my mom's first boyfriend in a long time. I do feel bad about it, but I know that they don't hold it against me. I bought a flat too; a small place near my college, and I got a cute grey cat. My phone rings a few times before I pick up the FaceTime call from Clay.

"Hey, Georgie."

"Hi Dream. Where are you?"

"Practice." He grins. Oh yeah, he joined a band.

"Got any new gigs?"

"None you'll be here for." He says, his tone slightly sad.

"At least Karl will send me loads of videos."

"Hi George!" I hear Wilbur scream in the background, before Clay pushes him away.

"I wanna see you, George."

"You will, Dream. Just wait till the end of the month." I had told Clay that I'd come back after Christmas, but that wasn't the truth. I already had tickets for Christmas Eve, but no one other than my mom knew.

"But I can't, George. I have a gig on Christmas Eve, and I really want you there."

"Dream, you know I can't get there earlier."

"Yeah, I know." He says dejectedly. A few shouts sound from Dream's phone.

"I gotta go. Love you."

"Love you too." The screen went black as Clay hung up. This will be a long week of waiting.

(Add hyphens)

I wave frantically at my mom, who pushes past a horde of people. She hugs me tightly, and so do I.

"Karl and Sapnap are very confused as to why they're sitting in my car at the airport, so we should probably get to them." She laughs, and there's a pang in my chest, because I haven't heard it in person for a long time. She grabs hold of my suitcase, despite my protests. We weave through a diversity of people, and I spot the familiar car. I can see Karl and Nick in the backseat.

"Now, be as quiet as you can, okay?"

"Alright." She phones Sapnap, and masters an excuse of needing both of them to help her carry something. They're baffled, but agree nonetheless. I stand next to a pillar, hoping they won't see me prematurely.

"What did you need help with?" Nick asks.

"With me." I step in, and Nick's face lights up. He hounds me with a hug, almost knocking me over. Karl joins in too, giggling.

"Does that mean you're going to watch Dream with us?" Karl asks excitedly.

"Yeah." My phone buzzes. It was Dream calling. I tell the group to 'shut up for a bloody second'.

"Hey Georgie."

"Hi baby,what's up?" I knew damn well what was up.

"Set time. Karl and Sapnap aren't here yet, so I'm getting bored."

"Aw, I'm sure they'll be there in a bit." I gesture for them to start walking to the car.

"Are you out of the house?"

"Yeah, just getting some things from Tesco."

"You're so British, George."

"That's possibly because I am British." He sighs, as I shut the car door as silently as I can. "What are you singing today?"