CHAPTER 10

While Victor was on his way to Alaminos City, Homer was on his way to Calasiao. It was almost seven in the morning of April 26, 2082. He had received a phone call from Arceo, informing him that Major Surat gave them the go-signal to proceed with their investigation in his (Major Surat's) jurisdiction. Arceo informed Homer that the police major even provided them the name and address of Drigo's live-in partner. In addition, Major Surat told Arceo that he would provide them two Dagupan policemen who would accompany them to Bonoan Gueset.

Chief Inspector David Arceo was already waiting for him in his office. The Chief Inspector was puffing his cigarette when Homer came in.

"Good mornin', buddy," Arceo greeted Homer warmly.

"Good morning, amigo," Homer returned the greeting. "Ready?"

"Okay, let's go," Arceo said.

They used Homer's car, with Homer manning the wheels. While on their way to Dagupan, David Arceo told Homer Drigo's live-in partner's name address.

"Her name is Merly Bandong. Here's her address," Arceo said as he handed Homer a piece of paper bearing Merly Bandong's address. It's 48 Rizal Street, Bonoan Gueset, Dagupan City.

"We won't have any trouble locating that address since two Dagupan City cops will be accompanying us. And that means we have to drop by at Dagupan police station," Arceo explained.

Homer simply nodded his head. He hoped that their trip to Bonoan Gueset would be fruitful. He was thankful that David Arceo was by his side in this tough investigation. He admitted to himself that without David's invaluable assistance, he would have trouble solving the Casimero murder case, and thereby saving Buencamino's hide.

It was already almost eight in the morning when Homer and David reached the Dagupan City PNP headquarters. Immediately, they proceeded to Major Allan John Surat's office. The Dagupan City Chief of Police greeted them in the most amiable manner. Major Surat was a very cordial person. That's why this almost six foot tall police officer was loved by his subordinates.

"Come in to my inner sanctum gentlemen," he said as he met his visitors with open arms.

"How are you, my friend?" David said as he shook hands with Major Surat.

"Still kicking and alive," was the major's reply. Then he offered his visitors their seats.

"By the way," David said to Major Surat, "this is my friend Police Detective Homer Almendares of Villasis PNP. He's the one I'm telling you handling the Casimero case."

Major Surat extended his hand to Homer. As they shook hands, Major Surat said, "How are you Detective? I've heard about Julian Casimero's murder. It's all in the news."

Homer let go Major Surat's hand and said, "I really appreciate your cooperation, sir. By solving this case, I might be able to save Attorney Glenn Buencamino's life. I believe that he will be the next target. So, the sooner I'd be able to solve this case, the better."

"Okay, then. Let's waste no more time," Major Surat pointed out. He pressed the intercom that lay on his desk and ordered to someone at the other end, "Hey, Santos. Get me Viray and Aquino here now."

"Yes, sir," came the reply.

The major explained,"You will be accompanied by SPO1's Christopher Viray and Samson Aquino. These two cops are actually from Bonoan Katakdang—very close to Bonoan Gueset."