04: To the moon and back

A/N
*Kicks down the door* Alrighty I got Cleanex and teddy bears and blankets and melancholy music to ball to. Get ready because this chapter is littered with angsty platonic fluff. Bruno and Miranda are just the perfect duo. 😭😭

And yes, this is the 2023 updated version of the chapter. Enjoy~~~~

(No one's POV)

The next morning, Miranda and Mirabel rushed to Dolores, who was carrying a plate with a mountain of arepas.

"Dolores, heyy, you know out of all my older cousins you're like my favorite older cousin so I feel like I can talk to you about anything ergo you can talk to me about anything like what happened with the magic last night that no one seems to be worried about that maybe you've heard about that maybe I should know about-" Mirabel casually whispered, but she got interrupted by Miranda, who instantly knew who 'Dolores' was.

"Alright, you sneaky chameleon, stop pretending to be Dolores so you can have seconds!" Miranda scolded Camilo, slapping his arm gently.

He changed back to his original self with a lopsided grin. "Worth a shot, killjoy."

"Ah! Aye!" He winced, as Casita whacked him with its windows.

Miranda rolled her eyes playfully before turning to Mirabel.

"The. Utter. Betrayal." She deadpanned, clapping her hands between every word.

"Thank you, Miranda, for teaching him a lesson. It's good to have someone else who can remind him of his manners." Felix appeared from behind them, shaking his head.

Behind him was the actual Dolores, carrying her plate of breakfast.

"The only ones worrying about the magic are you two. And the rats talking in the walls. Oh, and Luisa. I heard her eye twitching, all night. Hm!" Dolores squeaked quietly as she walked away.

"Rats talking in the walls?" Miranda asked, confused.

When the breakfast table was ready, Mirabel swiftly grabbed on the seat next to Luisa while pushing aside Pepa.

Annoyed by her niece's behaviour, especially with what happened last night, a storm cloud appeared above Pepa's head as she glared at the young girl, but Felix calmed her down by giving her a glass of orange juice.

Even though by now Miranda was supposed to chat away with Camilo as she always sat next to him in all of her meals, this morning she was lost in her own little world, thinking about what Dolores said.

"Rats talking in the walls? " She thought. "But I thought only Antonio understood animals, unless... " Her thoughts were interrupted by Mirabel suddenly slamming the table.

"Aha! You do!" She pointed at Luisa.

"Mirabel," Abuela scolded, "if you cannot pay attention I can help."

"Actually Abuel-"

"Casita."

Casita moved Mirabel to the front left side of Abuela, moving Pepa and Felix to where they were originally supposed to sit.

"First, an announcement." Abuela continued as she walked to Isabela, "I have spoken to the Guzman family about Mariano's proposal to Isabela. Dolores, do we have a date?"

"Tonight. He wants five babies." Dolores said with an emotionless face.

Horrified, Isabela's hair sprouted with white flowers and a pink one.

"Wonderful!" Abuela said happily, caressing Isabela's hair and picking out the pink flower. "Such a fine young man with our perfect Isabela, will bring a new generation of magical blessings, and make our families stronger."