08: Breaking point

A/N
*Swings the door open and breaks it(sorry)* ALRIGHT FOLKS IM BACK AGAIN WITH MORE CLEANEX AND AND EXTRA LARGE BLANKY AND THIS TIME GET READY FOR SOME MEGA ANGST!!!! If you're sensitive to yelling and conflict and slight physical abuse then I highly suggest you to stay away from this chapter or just skip the part.

"Why would embracing Isabela do anything?" Mirabel groaned quietly.
The three cautiously hid on the second floor, trying their best not to get caught by anyone.

"Dunno. Our family's got a miracle. How do you help a family miracle? You hug a sister, or cousin." Bruno joked.

"Sounds good to me." Miranda shrugged.

They all ducked their heads immediately when they heard Camilo.

"Mirabel? Ugh. Miran- bluurrrrrbbrrraughhh! " He suddenly shifted into a baby-man again, this time without a mustache.

"Where are youu guuuuuuyyyyys??" He screeched in his baby voice, unamused by his new appearance.
"I think we're running out of time, Mirabel." Miranda whispered, pointing at Camilo.

Mirabel slumped down grumpily.
"It's never gonna work. She won't hug me, ever, okay? She hates me. And I don't know if you heard anything, Tio Bruno, but I ruined her proposal. " She growled, picking out a small flower from a plant pot next to her.

"Mirabel?" Miranda whispered, trying to get her attention. But Mirabel continued to ramble about how horrible and snooty Isabela was.

"Mirabel?" Bruno hissed, trying to get her attention too, but she still rambled on.

"What's her problem anyways? She's the one with roses coming out of-"

"Mirabel!" Bruno and Miranda called in unison. Mirabel finally turned towards them, surprised.

"Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry, " Bruno apologized, lowering down his voice.

"You see, you're missing the point,"
Miranda whispered. "it's not up to her, it's up to us, Mirabel."

"Mijas, you two are exactly what the family needs. You just gotta see it." Bruno smiled, looking at his precious girls.
"By yourself. After I leave." He quickly added, grunting as he tried to move the plant to sneak back inside the painting.

"Wait, you're not coming, papa?" Miranda asked, frowning.

"It was your vision, girls, not mine." He put on a deep voice, waving his hand dramatically.

"You're afraid Abuela will see you." Mirabel smirked.
"Yes, I mean, that too." He stammered, standing up and sneaking back into the painting.

Miranda stood up beside him and embraced him tightly. Bruno returned the embrace and kissed her forehead.
"Hey, after you two save the miracle, come visit?" He asked, smiling.

"After we save the miracle, we're bringing you home." Miranda whispered,  her eyes glistening.

She broke away from the hug and waved at her papa.

"Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock on wood." Bruno chanted again, knocking on the painting and his head, before falling back into his hiding place with his fingers crossed.

"Okay, we just gotta save the miracle. With a hug." Mirabel scoffed, rolling her eyes.

When the girls entered Isabela's room, Mirabel was the first one to speak up.
"Hey, Isa?" She asked, looking around her blindingly pink, flower-filled room. "I know we've had our...issues, but I'm, ready to be a better sister, to you."