11: Don't touch her Pt.2

A/N
Be prepared for a little angst in this story!

If the topics of bullying, doubting yourself, breakdowns makes you uncomfortable or give you flashbacks, I kindly suggest you to read another chapter :)

Click, click, click goes the sewing machine.

The silent sound of needles poking through fabric echoed throughout the room.

After the family returned to Casita, Mirabel shut herself in her room almost immediately, sewing a dress with the fabric that she just got.

"Almost done," she mumbled to herself, admiring the little details of her creation. "maybe I need to work on the hem of the skirt more."

A few days ago, Dolores and Mariano got engaged, so as a gift, Mirabel made the dress for Dolores so she can wear it in the engagement celebration.

As she reached out to get more of the fabric, she suddenly stopped cold.

Her smile faded away as the words of Juliet and Juan clawed her mind mercilessly.

"Why are you going to be the next 'cAndle holdEr' anyways?"

"I have no idea. The next candle holder should be someone better than her, maybe her sisters or cousins or something."

"You're the problem, Madrigal."

"How dare you injure my brother!"

Mirabel stared at the ground.

"Am I really the problem?" She asked herself, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

What if they were right?

What if she really was undeserving of taking the place of Abuela?

What if it was all a lie?

Quiet sobs came out from her throat. Mirabel covered her mouth, agressively wiping away her tears.

She looked at her dress again, but not in admiration.

"Would Dolores even like it?" She questioned, her shoulders starting to shiver.

The voices inside her head became even louder and more unbearable.

The whispers of her peers roared around her.

"Am I even good enough?"

A gentle knock briefly silenced the whispers inside her head.

"Mirabel? How's the dress?" Pepa called.

Mirabel quickly wiped the rest of her tears away and opened her door to see both Pepa and Bruno standing in front of her room.

"Umm, I'm almost done, Tia Pepa." She replied, forcing a smile.

"Are you okay, kid?" Bruno asked, recalling what had happened earlier that day.

"Si, Tio." Mirabel nodded.

Pepa frowned in concern, making a small cloud hover above her head.

"Mirabel, if you need anything, you know you can talk to us." She softly reminded.

Tears threatened to come out of Mirabel's eyes again, but she held it back.

"I know, tia. I'm fine." She smiled, straining.

Bruno and Pepa knew all too well to let go of this situation.

"Come now, tell us what's wrong. Why are you crying?" Pepa asked fondly, entering Mirabel's room. Bruno followed along, closing the door behind them.