09: Reconciled

A/N
And here we are at the final chapter of what the movie gives us!! WOHOOOO LEZGOOOO

Casita finally had enough.
It split in the middle, with everyone else on one side and the two fuming girls on the other.

"No no no!" Pepa shouted.

"The candle!" Felix yelled.
The candle flickered violently as the cracks made it topple.
Without hesitation, Miranda and Mirabel started sprinting towards the dying candle.

"Casita! Get us up there!" Mirabel ordered. One of the railings from the second floor fell down, creating a ladder for them to climb up.

Isa swung on a vine to get to the candle, but her door malfunctioned and her vine disappeared, making her fall.
Casita caught her and helped her tumble to the ground safely.

Camilo dodged the falling debris, shifting into different people to catch the candle and help the girls get out. But just before he reached the roof, his door malfunctioned too, making him lose control of his powers as he fell. Casita reached out another railing, helping him lessen the force of the fall.

"No!" He cried out as he landed on the floor.

Antonio's animals burst out of his room, making him more confused as ever. A large door frame almost crushed the boy, but Felix grabbed him just in time.
"Careful, Antonio! We gotta get out of here!" He yelled as he ran out.

"Mirabel, Miranda!" Julieta screamed.
Casita pushed everyone out to safety despite their screams and yells for the girls.

They all fell outside the house as they called for the girls, who were still climbing higher and higher.

Meanwhile, Bruno escaped from the falling bricks, gathering all of his rat friends to safety.
He put a bucket on his head and burst out of the walls, rolling down to a place near the forest.
Looking up, he held his breath, mortified at what was happening.

One of the mountains surrounding the Encanto split into two as Mirabel struggled to get the candle. Miranda, with her tall figure, grabbed it just in time before Bruno's tower came crashing down towards them.

Casita slid the girls down to safety. As the tower tumbled towards them, the house gathered everything it could find and shielded them from death.
Kneeling down in fear, Miranda held Mirabel tightly, while Mirabel held the candle close.

Moments later, there was only silence.

The tower was gone.

Looking around, the two girls sat in the rubble, covered in dust and heartbroken at the sight in front of them.

"Casita.."

The doors that were shielding the girls slowly fell down.

Casita was gone.

The candle was gone.

And now, all that's left is a broken house, and a broken family.

"Mirabel! Miranda!" Julieta cried, running towards them. "Are you hurt?"

The two shook their heads emotionlessly.

"I will be right back. Stay here." She sighed, hearing the rest of the family call her. She walked away.
The horrified looks on everyone's faces became clearer.

"What just happened?"

"My powers, they're gone."

"Don't cry, papito."

"But how did this happen?"

"What about Antonio? What's he gonna do? "

Abuela sat down in the rubble, absolutely devastated. This was all her fault, and she knew it.
"Miranda? Mirabel? Where are they?" Julieta's voice suddenly cried.