Shorts: Cousin love ✨

❤ - shorts from after the casita was rebuilt
✨ - shorts from the past
🌹 - shorts from during the rebuilding of casita
☁ - When the Madrigal triplets were still young

A/N
Hello there!
I'll be posting some shorts until I run out of ideas. I wanna add some things to better see everyone's relationships with each other.
Thanks for your support!!

(Camilo's POV)
(When Camilo, Mirabel and Miranda were 12)

"Bet ya can't catch me!" I shouted.

Mirabel, being the slow-poke that she is, tried to chase after me, but I was too fast for her.

"Camilo Madrigal, get back here right now you arepa thief!" She screamed.

Her scream was so hilarious that it made me laugh even more than I already was.
Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, so..

"Wait, where's my arepa?" I asked myself. My food was gone!

"Camilo."

Ugh. It's Miranda again. The matUre kid who always has good manners and expects everyone to be the same.
She snatched my arepa and gave it back to Mirabel.

"Thanks, bestie."

"No problem. Just don't do that again. You know how Abuela feels about running around the Casita. We're not 5 anymore, guys. And you." She turned towards me, giving me the mom glare.

"Last time you ran around, Tio Felix gave you a warning. You don't want her to give you the slipper, do you?"

Yikes. She's got a point. The slipper is one of my worst nightmares.

"Okay, fine." I grumbled. "Sorry, Mirabel. I was just so hungry."

"It's okay. No hard feelings." Mirabel replied, biting into that tasty arepa.

"By the way, aren't you supposed to be doing your chores now?"

Shoot. I totally forgot.
Abuela is gonna kill me if she finds out.

"Whoops, guess I lost track of time. Cya later!" I said, running outside.

I get that being a shape shifter seems like fun, and it really is in a lot of occasions. But when you have a strict family, namely a super strict Abuela that expects you to always be available to help everyone in a whole town, it can be extremely exhausting.

The townspeople are pretty busy now. I thought. Ugh. This is gonna be a looong day.

I walked past a woman trying to calm a small baby. She looked really tired and fatigued.
"Buenos días, Tia Sofia." I greeted. She was a new mother, and a good friend of mama.

"Aye, buenos días Camilo." She replied, smiling at me. "How is your mama? Is she okay? And how is your baby brother, Antonio, is it?"

"Yes, they are all good. Do you need help?" I asked.
"Oh, sí. Diego won't stop crying." She sighed tiredly.

"Don't worry, Tia. I'll calm him down while you get some sleep." I shifted into her. Her face glowed with relief.

"Gracias, Cami."

"De nada."

(Time skip to when Camilo's chores are done)

Ah. The day is finally over. Shifting into so many people is exhausting. Not that anything is wrong with that, it's just... tiring.

"Hey, Camilo."

Miranda came up to me. I could tell she was tired from all the chores too. "You look drained. Here."

She handed me a plate of fresh arepas, straight from the kitchen.

"Woah. Thanks, prima." I smiled, wolfing down the food.

"Hi Cami, oh wow you look wasted!" Mirabel chimed in. "Like the food?"

"Mhmm." I hummed. My mouth was stuffed.

"I told mama to add extra cheese, just for you." She gave me a toothy grin.

I smiled.

Yeah, Miranda can be bossy sometimes, and Mirabel's energy is often a bit too much for me to handle, but still, they are the ones who know me better than anyone else in this family, not to mention the whole Encanto. They understand my feelings, and they're always by my side.

I'm so lucky to have them as my cousins.

Mental note to Camilo Madrigal-
Always keep Mirabel and Miranda safe. Cherish them like no one else.

A/NOh this is what Miranda looks like in my art style heheMore info of Miranda:

A/N
Oh this is what Miranda looks like in my art style hehe
More info of Miranda:

Height: 5'8

Birthday:??? (The night that Bruno found her was the 31st of March, she was already a few weeks old at that time so around the exact age as Mirabel, a teensy bit younger than Camilo)

Personality: Fun, Kind, Understanding, Mature, Polite, Creative

Likes: Her family, the Encanto, Casita, her new gift, Bruno's telenovelas, making dresses with Mirabel, joking with Camilo, spending time with Bruno

Dislikes: Running around Casita, Abuela's strictness, being homeless, people insulting her and her family, fighting, shouting

Gifts(updated): Seeing the past, Elemental control

2023 UPDATE: Edited✅