Shorts: Unbreakable bond✨🌹

A/N

This short is a combination of past and future events from Encanto hehe

Hope you'll enjoy!

(No one's POV)
(12 years before the reconciliation of the Madrigals)

The moonlight shone gently towards the town of Encanto.
It has been a wonderful, exciting night, for it was the 38th anniversary of when the town was made.

Everyone celebrated the day their refuge came to be, and the townsfolk were filled with gratitude for the Madrigals as their leaders.

For them, it was a joyous, happy reminder of how they were saved from the wretched intruders that tried to take their lives so many years ago.
But for the Madrigal family, it was different.

"Aye, Pedro. It has been 38 years."

Abuela Alma sighed. She sat on her bed, holding a trinket close to her heart. She opened it to see a small picture of her late beloved husband, Pedro Madrigal.
She planted a small kiss on the trinket before closing it.

"I miss you..."

Tears fell from her eyes as she remembered that tragic night, when the love of her life was taken away mercilessly.

A knock on her door was heard.
Abuela quickly wiped away all her tears and sat up straight.
"Come in," She called.

A young Isabela entered her room, with excitement shining on her face.

"My perfect Isabela, what do you need?" Abuela smiled.
"Abuela, you have to come see this. It's Tío Bruno and Miranda!" Isa whisper shouted.

"What happened, are they alright?"
Abuela asked while putting the trinket down.

"Oh, they're perfectly fine! You gotta see this, it's adorable!" Isabela replied, laughing quietly, slightly tugging her.

They were suddenly pulled by Casita to Miranda's room.

"Casita! What is the matter?"
Abuela gasped, surprised at the sudden rush.

When they got inside, they walked up the small spiral of stairs to find the rest of the family, except Camilo and Mirabel, gathered around her bedroom.

Julieta turned around and gently shushed the two, while Pepa pointed at the sight inside.

"Look!" Isabela whispered.

Inside, snoring can be heard.

"Brunito?"

There, in Miranda's bed, lied an exhausted Bruno, sleeping soundly, while Miranda slept on his stomach, drooling. They have been playing together the whole day, and playtime eventually drained out all their energy.

The sight was more adorable than anything.
Abuela looked fondly at the father and daughter, seeing how their bond had grown ever since Bruno found the girl.

Everyone smiled at the two before silently closing the bedroom door.

(Present)

"Phew. What a night!" Mirabel slumped down on her chair in the dining room, drained up from the celebration.

"I know, right?" Luisa sighed in reply.

"But at least we now have a house!"
Camilo trumpeted, wolfing down his plate of food with bad posture as always.

"Yea, yea, you chameleon foodie." Miranda sat down beside him, rolling her eyes jokingly.

"It's late now. Maybe we should all get some sleep?" Bruno suggested, walking towards his daughter and ruffling her hair.
It was their first night in the new Casita. Everyone was excited to sleep inside their new rooms, especially Mirabel.

"Okay, Tío Bruno." Mirabel smiled, cracking her neck before leaving.

"Goodnight, Tío and Miranda. " Luisa grinned at the two.

"Sleep tight! Don't let sand get into your eyes!" Camilo smirked.

"Buenos noches, papa." Miranda kissed her father's cheek.

"Buenos noches, mija." Bruno beamed as he engulfed her daughter into an embrace.

(Time skip to the middle of the night, when everyone is asleep)

"Pa?"

Bruno slowly woke up to see Miranda outside his bedroom door.

"Huh-um-what? Mija? Why are you up so late?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"I can't sleep," She explained, trotting inside.

"Aye. Still a baby." He joked, sitting up.

"Papa!" Miranda whined.

"It's true!" Bruno laughed. "You tower over me and yet you still want to sleep with your papa."

"I'm only a few centimeters tall, dearest father." She replied playfully as she sat on his bed, resting her head on his chest.

"Okay, okay, I'll let you sleep here." He yawned, patting her shoulder.

Ten minutes later, the two fell asleep.

(In the morning)

"Aww, look at them!"

"I'm so jealous."

"Still a protective father."

All the Madrigals except Abuela quietly surrounded outside Bruno's bedroom door, cooing at the father and daughter.

"Have you found them yet?" Abuela slowly walked to them, looking worried.

"Look!" Antonio whispered, gently shushing her.

Abuela peeped in to see the sight.

Bruno was snoring and drooling, with Miranda sleeping beside him, her head placed on his chest.

Even in their sleep, their faces shone with gratitude for the presence of each other.

"Their hearts are beating in sync."
Dolores squeaked, grinning.

"I think we have seen something like this before, right?" Julieta asked quietly, winking.

"Oh yes! It was so many years ago, when Miranda was just a toddler. Remember the anniversary?" Pepa chimed in. A tiny rainbow appeared over her head.

"Yes! I do remember." Luisa whispered.

"What?" Camilo, Mirabel and Antonio asked in unison, confused.

"We'll explain later." Isabela replied.

They all beamed at the father and daughter before gently closing the door.

It was a beautiful morning.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this slice of the Madrigal's life!

Remember to always love yourself, and appreciate your parents.

Take care! Love y'all!
<3333

2023 UPDATE: Edited ✅