05: Problems

(No one's POV)

Miranda fled to Bruno's tower. She went there a few times unbeknownst to anyone to try and somewhat rekindle the sense of familiarity. Therefore, she was more familiar with the tower than anyone else except Bruno himself.

She slid down the dome of sand in flawless balance, only to find Mirabel halfway up the tower of stairs, screaming, "Bruno, your room is the WOOORSST!"

"Mirabel!" Miranda shouted, getting Mirabel's attention.

"Miranda? What are you doing here?" Mirabel shouted back.

"I should be asking you the same question. What are you doing here in my father's tower? Hang on, I'm coming with you." Miranda yelled in reply.

"Oh, thank goodness! Really, you'd think that there'd be a way to get so high 'cause we're magic but no! Magical 'bout how many stairs can fit in here! I'm so close to dying!" Mirabel yelled back sarcastically.

When Miranda came to where Mirabel was, she was sitting down on one of the stairs, still out of breath from all the climbing.

Lifting Mirabel back on her feet, Miranda repeated her words. "First, explain to me why you are in my papi's tower. Second, that was my father you were yelling about."

"Sorry, sorry." Mirabel apologized while dusting off sand from her hair.

"Well, when I caught up to Luisa, she told me she heard from the grown-ups once, that before Tio Bruno left, he had some vision about the magic, but no one knows where it is."

"Really?" Miranda asked. "Let me see." In a split second, her eyes glowed turquoise again.

(Play Surface Pressure, but as a vision)

She laughed in amusement at the sight of Luisa dancing with the donkeys. But she also felt bad for her, since Luisa was carrying so much pressure on her shoulders, with no one else trying to help her at all.

After her vision, her eyes turned back to normal and teased, "Never knew that Luisa could sing and dance! With her precious donkeys as well?"

"Me neither." Mirabel giggled.

"Alright, enough of the chit-chat. Let's go save the miracle!" She cheered.

When they reached the top, Mirabel was drenched with sweat and crawling on the ground, while Miranda just stood there like nothing happened at all.

"How are you not even breaking a sweat?!" Mirabel choked.

"I'm the one and only daughter of Bruno Madrigal, my dear cousin. Of course I'm used to climbing all these stairs." Miranda grinned smugly in reply.

A toucan screeched at them, making them look up.

An enormous cliff was in front of them, separating the stairs and the other side.

"Ughh, come on!" Mirabel groaned.
"There's supposed to be a bridge leading to Papi's vision cave," Miranda explained, sighing. "but it's gone now. Dios mio, how in the world will we get there?"

After a few moments of brainstorming, they both hatched out an idea. Mirabel found a rope with a wide, wooden bark tied on the end and threw it around a high place to keep it secure. Pulling on the rope to make sure it's strong enough, Miranda snatched it away and got herself ready to jump.